Need to pick my dorm!

<p>So I want a corridor for freshmen, so it's down to Onondaga, Jones, Niagara, and Dante. </p>

<p>Onondaga and Jones are both all freshmen, with Jones in North Side and Onondaga in South Side. I've read that Onondaga is louder, but can anyone clarify the differences between them? Jones is near the academic buildings, but removed from the three other freshmen dorms that are South Side. Is that a good or bad thing?</p>

<p>Niagara is freshmen and transfer I believe-any opinions? Dante is supposed to be 1/3 Edgar Fellows students, 1/3 regular students, and 1/3 international. The environment seems great. Is it hard to get into? I was waitlisted for the Edgar Fellows Program, not sure if that means anything.</p>

<p>Anyone live in these dorms? What are your opinions?</p>

<p>First of all congrats for getting into Geneseo!
I might be a little biased because I live in Onondaga now but here goes…
I would say no to Niagara because it’s mainly transfers and I have friends who live their now and don’t like it. You’ll be spending all your time hanging out in other dorms anyway.
Dante is actually in Wayne Hall which is the farthest from everything, but if that’s the kind of environment you’re looking for go for it.
Jones is in a great location, and all freshman so you’ll probably meet most of your friends there. The only downside is it’s old and pretty dirty.
Finally Onondaga… it’s definitely noisy but it’s a good experience. It’s the biggest dorm in Geneseo so you get to meet lots of people. South side is a little far, but you get used to it.
Good luck making your decision
I hope I could help</p>

<p>Completely disagree with fulkultur.
Niagara’s bottom two floors are all freshman and the third floor is mostly freshman with some transfer. Fourth floor is all transfers. Everyone I know here enjoys it and there’s like 5 people that hang out in other dorms, but that’s because they had high school friends from there.</p>

<p>From reading about the housing at Geneseo I really get the feeling that there isn’t just one opinion on the residence halls. I feel like I would prefer suites but I’ve heard it can be more difficult to meet people… I guess the question is, do people make most of their friends through where they live or from clubs and stuff outside the residence hall?</p>

<p>People make their closest friends through res halls, they make friends through clubs of course, but living with people really brings you together. Having lived in Livingston, Onondaga and spending a ton of time in Dante, I have to say that they’re all just a different experience. If you want to meet people live on southside. On northside(Jones) you will be surrounded by upperclassmen if you leave Jones. On southside if you walk outside you’ll run into freshman. The walk is longer, but I never really cared and most people who’ve lived on southside as freshman would suggest it.</p>