Need to raise SAT score fast!

Hey everyone. I’m doing the December SAT which is next week and aiming for a 1550+. I took a practice today and got a 1520 (780 M, 740 RW) . Are there any tips to raise my score by 30+ points fast in one week?

Assuming that you know which questions you got incorrect, you know which kinds of questions to prep for.

But does 1520 versus 1550 really matter? Is there a scholarship based on stats that requires a 1550 that you need in order to afford the school it is offered by?

3 Likes

A lot is luck of the test on that day. The 1520 can easily be a 1470 or 1550, depending on the version given.

Learn how to solve what you missed.
Or take the ACT.

Agreed, short of a few schools a 1500+ is gonna do you well.

4 Likes

Is this the first time you have taken the test or is it a retake? How did you do the first time (actual test results often vary from practice tests)? Are you a senior?

1 Like

My advice is to make sure you’re in the best condition possible for test day. There isn’t much you can do strategy or knowledge wise – in fact, I’d recommend NOT trying a new strategy on the spot as it could hurt you negatively. But yeah, get a full night’s rest, don’t stress about the test the day before, and eat a healthy and full breakfast the day of. And get up a few hours before the test so you’re fully awake when you take it. Remember that 1. A 1520 is a score that is super strong at nearly every school (including many Ivies), and 2. That you can always retake and attempt to super-score if you’re unhappy with your score.

GL

1 Like