Nervous...

<p>As the title says, I am kind of nervous about my application to The University of Alabama. This is my number one school and I just don’t know if I will get in. My junior year my grades slipped because of many of the death of a teacher and a few classmates that I was very good friends with. My Gpa is now a 2.9 because of this. I emailed my admissions counselor earlier in the day with a longer more detailed explanation as to why my grades slipped last year but I guess I was wondering what my chances of getting accepted are.</p>

<p>GPA- 2.9
SAT
-Reading- 540
-Math- 530
-Writing- 540
ACT-24</p>

<p>All of my scores have been submitted and my transcripts were sent on Thursday. How long does it usually take to hear from admissions? I also heard my my counselors that my first quarter of my senior year is shown on my transcripts and I have 5 A’s and 2 B’s, so do you think that will help me possibly get admitted?</p>

<p>Thank you for your help.</p>

<p>ps- Who’s ready for the game tomorrow!!! I know I am!!!</p>

<p>When you say that your grades slipped last year, do you mean that you got D’s and F’s? Or does it mean that you got a few C’s? If you mean that you got a few C’s, then I think you’ll be admitted as long as you have met the course req’ts.</p>

<p>Did you send your transcripts and both test scores?</p>

<p>When I say they slipped they dropped from A’s and B’s to B’s C’s and 1 D. Which was the usual for a lot of people in my school after all of the tragedies. Yes I did send everything. They are just waiting on my transcripts which should be there on Monday.</p>

<p>I think you’re good! I’ve talked to a bunch of people who have been accepted with similar stats.</p>

<p>And yesss, who ISN’T excited for the game? Roll tide!</p>

<p>Thanks both of you. That’s good to hear that some people are getting in with similar stats </p>

<p>Sent from my MB860 using CC App</p>

<p>Does anyone know how long it typically takes to hear if you were accepted after they have received everything.</p>

<p>Sent from my MB860 using CC App</p>

<p>a week or two </p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>So I logged onto mybama today and I noticed something different…There was a student tab!!! And there I clicked the enrollment deposit button and it said I was accepted!!! They literally just received everything yesterday! I am so surprised that I was notified so soon!</p>

<p>I was accepted within a day too. Congrats!</p>

<p>Thanks! I guess i had nothing to be nervous of after all</p>

<p>S also had the student tab show up today! His first official college acceptance.</p>

<p>Congratulations to him! This is actually my third acceptance but the other two were not as well known.
FGCU
and CSU- Pueblo
I am 100 percent sure that I am going to Alabama though
So for the first time of many---------------- Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>*So I logged onto mybama today and I noticed something different…There was a student tab!!! And there I clicked the enrollment deposit button and it said I was accepted!!! *</p>

<p>Oh my! I am so excited for you! Congrats!!! </p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>:) thank you! I was surprised that there was a decision so quickly</p>

<p>Congrats mafflerb</p>

<p>Roll Tide! Since you are pretty set on going to Bama, could you join the facebook group for the class of 2016?</p>

<p>[Log</a> In | Facebook](<a href=“http://www.facebook.com/groups/287746491251569/]Log”>University of Alabama Class of 2016 | Facebook)</p>