NESCAC swim recruiting for class of 2022

Are any of your swimmers being actively recruited by a NESCAC school? Coaches phone calls, zoom meetings, etc.

Or is it too early as the coaches are super busy with getting their swimmers back in the water?

Glad you posted. I have been wondering the same. Been fairly quiet from all D3 schools on the list even though kid’s times are competitive. Lots of friendly “thanks for the update, look forward to hearing more” email responses but no phone calls, meetings, etc.

Same here. Just reply to emails and keep us updated. But nothing else. Glad that we’re not the only ones :grinning:

1 Like

We’ve had a few phone calls with coaches from NESCAC schools but have been told that nothing will really happen before June.

1 Like

Thank you for posting! Good to know.

Does your swimmer have an ACT or SAT score that you shared with coaches? I am wondering if the no score yet could be a reason for lack of interest with my swimmer.

We submitted a HS profile, unofficial transcript and SAT scores from the fall. We have had a number of calls with NESCAC coaches

Thank you for your information! I really appreciate you and others posting their experiences as otherwise I feel like we are going through this process in a vacuum.

I am hoping the lack of score is the reason for no active recruiting as times are competitive. My swimmer has been trying to take an ACT for a year. Fingers crossed April’s test goes well.

1 Like

Has anyone’s 2022 boy swimmer done a NESCAC virtual recruiting day?

My son did Hamilton and is doing Middlebury.

1 Like

How about Patriot League for 2022?

what is a virtual recruiting day? do these schools also suggest joining specific swim meets in the summer before applications start?

Virtual recruiting days were common for the recruiting class of 2022 when the pandemic limited campus visits. These were invite-only events that coaches invited prospective recruits to join in order to get a feel for the team: meet the coaches, the team, hear about the daily routine, meet schedules, training trips, etc.

Also, no way for the coaches to suggest joining specific meets since recruits come from all over and participate in many different regional and national meets.

1 Like

can one assume that there will not be Virtual Recruiting days in 2023? or is anyone aware of specific schools/coaches intending on running Virtual Recruiting this year?

1 Like

I’m sure that would depend on how each coach decides to approach their recruiting timeline in post-pandemic times. Perhaps some will still do initial group “q and a” zoom meetings with the team and then extend the official visits when they narrow down the field.

I do know that this fall my son’s team returned to hosting several in-person campus recruit visits, but he didn’t participate in any virtual events.

As your daughter establishes a strong, ongoing mutual relationship with coaches, she could inquire if there would be an opportunity to connect with the team. She may not even have to ask because interested coaches always extended the connection to my son.

1 Like

hopefully, between swim times, vibe, team player, development program, D24 will find a good match with her target coach/team/school. She’s discovering it’s much easier to connect with coaches her current coach knows personally or indirectly. she should get much visibility on the next few months, as coaches progressively friend their team, and her own times and development progresses. hopefully by summer, will have much better visibility