New Aerial Views of Phase 3 and Phase 4 (renderings) of the SEC

<p>That’s correct. All the labs that were located in those wings have relocated in preparation for demolition.</p>

<p>Does anyone have new photos of some of the construction projects on campus?</p>

<p>The whole campus is torn up with construction (especially Hackberry Lane). I am very ready for it to be finished, but I hear the roads should be done before school starts.</p>

<p>zgrace: I have to walk from the SEC to Nott Hall everyday, and it’s really easy to make in 5 minutes.</p>

<p>I’ll be on campus tomorrow, so I’ll look things over and see how the roads and other construction is doing.</p>

<p>I was there 3 weeks ago, so it will be interesting to see progress or whatever. I think the words “the whole campus is torn up” is a bit of an exaggeration, since those attending BB recently haven’t said that…and I was there 3 weeks ago. I think the east side of campus - because of Hackberry, Old Hackberry, SEC build, and the new dorm - is the majority of construction areas.</p>

<p>Well, I’ll see tomorrow.</p>

<p>Hackberry Ln is closed completely from University Blvd to Campus Drive for underground infrastructure work until August. Between Campus Dr and Riverside, the north/westbound lanes are closed for repaving (which they seem to have to do every year) until August as well. For a while, Fourth Street (the road that runs parallel to University Blvd between the Student Health Center and Fraternity Row) was closed for repair work as well. </p>

<p>Those are some important roads and they are hard to effectively detour around without going all the way around campus, and si it could seem like the entire campus is torn up if you didn’t know you’re away around already.</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Ahhh…yes…some of the ROADS are torn up for improvements. that’s quite different from “the campus being torn up.” </p>

<p>Thanks for the clarification. I wouldn’t want someone who’s never been to Bama to think that the visit would be unpleasant and think the buildings are torn apart.</p>

<p>When I was on campus 3 weeks ago and walked from The Ferg to Denny Chimes, the only CAMPUS construction I could see was over to the left (east) where SEC phase III was going in…and then further down the Promenade, on the right, the remodel work for BB Comer. I can’t remember if BB Comer still had scaffolding or not. </p>

<p>Yes, those roads are being worked on over the summer - which is the best time to do it to minimize impact during the school year.</p>