New Dorm Information

<p>parentto4, I would assume that’s what is meant since there is no Ridgecrest North. The housing site shows only a Ridgecrest East, Ridgecrest West, and Ridgecrest South. The Ridecrest South has a north and a south tower. I believe the north tower is honors housing and the south tower is not.</p>

<p>NMSFdad, thank you so much. My daughter and I were trying to figure out what honors dorm she would like to live in and I was getting so confused. So is Ridgecrest South, south tower the only suite style dorm that is not for honors?</p>

<p>you’re welcome! No, there are other suite style dorms that are not listed as honors. You can check the link that BamaMomof3 made in the fifth post of this thread to check them all out. They tell you which are honors or not. There are others here who could tell you off the top of their head which suite style dorms are not honors, but I am still getting familiar with housing as well. Have you visited the campus yet and had a chance to check any of them out? We visited a few weeks ago and were very impressed with what we saw.</p>

<p>I looked at the link previously but when the UA housing rep posted it seemed like that link may not be up to date with UA housing stating that Ridgecrest south, both south and north tower will be honors next year. (at least that is how I read it!)</p>

<p>As you stated, it may not have been updated at that time. It is updated now, so you should be able to get a better idea.</p>

<p>The property mentioned in the article is a private complex of furnished, luxury apartments for students. (clubhouse, pool, fitness center, reserved, covered parking available) It is the East Edge complex, perfect for Nursing and Law students! It is right beside the School of Law and the new UA Police building, across the street from Nursing, DCH, and Student Health. We just signed a lease for next year. The leasing office is at Midtown Village.</p>

<p>Ridgecrest South has two towers. RCS North tower is honors. My daughter lives there this year. RCS South tower houses non honors and will still be non honors next year. I only know this for sure because although my daughter IS Honors, she has many non honors friends in the South tower of the RCS building who are being allowed to recontract for next year. If you haven’t visited, you may want to do so. All of the dorms are not alike even between suite style honors dorms.</p>