New Jersey Scholars Program 2018

Congratulations! Nothing here yet. I am not sure that they deliver mail here on Saturdays :frowning:
How was your interview @Seventeencarat?

Congrats @Seventeencarat! Is it possible that theyā€™re staggering acceptances and rejections?

Thank you! My interview wasnā€™t bad, I enjoyed it thoroughly but i didnā€™t think I did exceptionally well or anything. I honestly believed I wouldnā€™t get in. Best of luck to everyone waiting!

Iā€™m absolutely thrilled! I GOT IN

My kid was waitlisted. Congratulations to everyone who was accepted.

Congrats to everyone who got in so far! My letter still hasnā€™t come in the mail.

Congratulations to everyone accepted! I got waitlisted and I was just wondering if anyone with experience from the program knows how often someone on the waitlist is accepted. Thanks!!

unfortunately, my tour guides said that last year no one got off the waitlist and itā€™s pretty rare for people to deny the program. sorry i donā€™t have better news :frowning:

@joshlemonlyman the year before 4 kids got off the waitlist, there is still some hope :slight_smile:

did only accepted/waitlisted individuals get their letters today or did people who didnā€™t get in also get their letters?

On the Facebook it said everyone would get a letter, not sure the exact date tho

and do they accept two students from the same school?

I think? Iā€™m the only person from my school chosen. It may be unlikely since only two people can apply per school

Last year there were 4 pairs of kids from the same school. Donā€™t lose hope!

If I didnā€™t get my mail yet (my friend from the same area already got accepted), does this mean that Iā€™m rejected or that the mail will come Monday? I remember them saying that we should email them if we didnā€™t get anything by 8th.

@ptonluvr and also @SunnyReader Everyone is getting mail regardless of whether you are accepted/rejected/waitlisted. The mail is probably just coming Monday. I would at least wait until then before sending an email. And yeah, one of the people I know from my area got their decision already but I havenā€™t heard anything yet.

@simeonss do you think that they are staggering the decisions, because if the other person from your area got accepted/waitlisted, I think they are.

I am also waiting for my letter! I do not think that they are staggering the decisions based on acceptance/waitlist/rejection, but rather all decisions were sent on Friday and any differences in delivery time are based on the post office. Congratulations to everyone accepted so far!

I was waitlisted, but hopefully thereā€™s still hope to get in! Congratulations to everyone whoā€™s been accepted!

Did anyone who didnā€™t get accepted/waitlisted get their letter yet? If someone like that did get their letter, then weā€™ll know that they arenā€™t staggering the results.