New Jersey Scholars Program 2020

Hey guys! Almost done with my essays and I’m SUPER nervous. Thought I’d start off the discussion so we can help each other out along the way!

Hi @azchen! Basically in the same boat over here.

Hi @KeeperOfKookus! Glad to see that a fellow 2020 applicant is on here as well :slight_smile:

@azchen or anyone else i guess, do you know if the 250 words for the activities are for each activity or total?

Nvm I figured it out I think.
The nerves, they are a-jangling.

Just saw this, sorry. I think so!

How much of a difference do the rec letters make?

@rebeccaaaa I heard from an NJSP grad that they’re actually pretty important, but I’m not 100% sure myself.

Hi! I am also an applicant for NJSP. Does anyone know when we find out about the follow-up? I heard late-February but I am not sure that’s 100% right

@honeylove Yup, late February is when we’ll find out!

Has anyone heard yet ?

Yes, I just got an email today!

As did I!

joining the conversation! I just got an email today, too. Hope to maybe see some of you at the interviews. Does anyone know what they might be asking us?

Follow up question - what do y’all think the chances are that in person interviews are cancelled due to the Coronavirus? I live near Lawrenceville and several schools in the area have already closed because University professors tested positive… and do you think we’ll do a group FaceTime or something instead?

Who’s excited to ZOOM?
As a side note, do you folks think they’re gonna through with the program given coronavirus? People seem to disagree about how long social distancing/lockdown is going to last, and whether it’s going to be totally gone, or just lighten a little, so it’s kinda hard to tell. Curious what you folks think.

I hope they do it! It seems like a really great opportunity for students…plus it’s not until the summer, so I guess we’ll have to see.

@carlytantan interviews are this weekend, so they probably won’t let us know for a while.

did anyone have their interview yet? If so how did it go?

Is everyone else’s interview tomorrow? Based on past years, decisions come out about 1 - 2 weeks after interviews. Hopefully it won’t be too long of a wait, but who knows what’ll happen this year. Good luck to you guys!