New Jersey Scholars Program 2020

Did anyone hear anything?

Not yet for me. During the interview Dr. Fig told us decisions would come out by 4/10 so I’m guessing it’s gonna be released more towards the end of the week.

Nothing here either, although I expect the news to arrive by at least this Friday, as professorleach mentioned. I’m so nervous! Does anyone know by what means the news will arrive, i.e phone, email, letter? PS good luck to everybody on here as we await the decision, we should be proud of ourselves regardless of the outcome.

last year they got an email first then a letter

Yeah, they said that we would find out through email and then a letter might be sent later containing more details.

Got a rejection email, in spite of a great interview. Not sure why.

not meant to be snarky, but what made you think it was a great interview? because personally, i thought mine went horrible LOL

Did anyone here get in ? Curious to know

I got in. Honestly, I think my personal essays helped the most

I got in too! @kitkat1996 Congrats to you!

I got in too! Congrats to you both!

Awesome, same to you guys! although i really hope that the program still takes place. there’s a lot of uncertainty regarding when quarantine will be over by. what do you guys think?

i would much rather a virtual program than cancellation… i hope it doesn’t get cancelled.

same here. The in-person experience sounds so fun, though. But yeah, virtual program over total cancellation for sure. Just because like, for all the time and hard work to go into getting into the program, and then for it to be cancelled would just stink. fingers crossed for at least something.

what are everyone’s thoughts on the virtual program?

I hope we can actually be able to make friends virtually LOL but I’m so glad they decided to not cancel it!

I’m really happy they decided against cancelling it. I agree, I hope we’ll be able to make friends lol. I can’t help but feel a little disappointed, though. I mean, 5 weeks away from home on Lawrenceville’s campus just sounded like an absolute dream. The timing stinks.

This is an old thread so I have no idea if you, or anyone, will respond, but I was wondering what your interview was like. What should one expect when going there, any tips?

Hi! I just heard that I made it to the finals for the 2021 program. Is there any advice you could give about the interview, or could you tell me a little bit about what it’s like?