New Jersey Students at U of A

Thankfully, a few current students, parents and alumni have responded to some of the outrageous claims being made in the comments section.

It’s not just the State of Alabama (or the South) that brings out a lot of knee-jerk anger, it’s NCAA football. Combine the two and it elicits rage on a completely different level.

Re: #4 - More info…Out of 7,200 freshmen:
New Jersey - Fall 2015 - 145 new undergrads/freshmen at UA.
New York - Fall 2015 - 174 new undergrads/freshmen at UA.
Over 63% of the freshmen this fall are from out of state.

We live in PA, but my 3rd year student went to high school in NJ. We’ve met many South Jersey and Philly region parents.

UA and others surrounding UA keeps impressing me. DD is a sophomore at UA. BBVA Compass Bank just posted a panoramic picture from Saturday’s game, and I was able to circle around to where DD was (she plays in Million Dollar Band) and post the close up picture on my fb page. Any of my friends could click on the interactive link and look for friends etc in the stadium.

DD has been hired for an engineering internship for next summer.

Couldn’t ask for a better college situation. She is willing to work really hard, but certainly has a lot of charmed experiences. Got a great picture of DD throwing confetti in the air after the last year SEC win and pure joy on her facial expression. Three more football Saturday wins and football team advances to SEC Championship game. It certainly keeps us parents on edge - we are almost as excited for these college experiences. There is just so much positive energy, school spirit. Academics, admin are sharp. Everything is just very good win-win.

One of the “Big Al” mascots is a Jersey Boy too, I must add! :slight_smile:

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/c-cheer/spec-rel/big-al.html