New Off-Campus Housing Website

<p>Housing and Residential Communities has launched a new off-campus housing website at [University</a> of Alabama | Off Campus Housing Search](<a href=“http://offcampushousing.ua.edu/]University”>http://offcampushousing.ua.edu/)</p>

<p>This site is REALLY cool:
• Search off-campus listings
• Compare properties side by side
• Search for off-campus roommates
• Post and search subleases, furniture, carpools and more!</p>

<p>Any UA student, faculty or staff can create an account by using their UA email account. It’s free to post subleases, furniture for sale, and roommates listings.</p>

<p>Parents and others interested can also create a guest account that will allow you to search for properties and compare them side by side. Guests cannot access message boards or roommate listings.</p>

<p>We just launched the site today so check back often for more listings and property availabilities.</p>

<p>Hope this helps!
Janine Gascoigne</p>

<p>Thanks for posting this, looks like a good resource.</p>

<p>I wish housing would create a roommate search for current students that will be living on campus next year. The existing roommate finder is for new freshman only and now they have created one for off-campus students. How about one more? :)</p>

<p>BamaMom, I totally agree! Son’s roommates are moving off campus and I don’t think he has found someone, let alone 3 people, to room with. I know he’d rather be with upcoming sophomore like him, and it would be WONDERFUL if he could find one or two with housing scholarships so if it works out this year, he can room the next 2 years too. Otherwise he most likely will be looking for new roommates again his junior year.</p>

<p>DD and her roommate could also use a roommate finder for upperclassmen. The two of them have housing scholarships but their other two girls do not and did not get in for this coming year. I warned them last night to start asking around NOW for potential roommates! They don’t have much time before room selection.</p>

<p>Hi Moms and Missread, hear ya loud and clear.</p>

<p>I don’t know that we’ll have something like that for this year, but it’s definitely something we can discuss for next year.</p>

<p>Could UA put something out on the Honors Facebook page about finding roommates. It seems most of the returning upperclassmen have housing scholarships or are in honors. Maybe they could throw something informal together for re-housing honors kids to meet and greet.</p>

<p>Oh this is SO great, thank you. I think being able to see pics of some of the properties is very helpful to us less familiar (unfamiliar) with the area and options.</p>

<p>I jsut looked at a few of these and I can’t even believe how amazing some of the places are, I mean seriously? Assuming there are actually vacancies ever why on earth was I worried?</p>

<p>THANK YOU!!!</p>

<p>Has anyone else had trouble registering (as a parent)? I tried two different browsers but kept getting an error.</p>

<p>I just registered with no problem, about half hour ago…</p>

<p>lattelady - I just tried and it keeps telling me I left out 1 thing, but nothing is left out. I tried in both Safari and Firefox and got the same message in both.</p>

<p>Lisa, that is the same message I’ve been giving. I tried in those browsers and in Chrome. Are you on a Mac? I am.</p>

<p>yes. I can go try on my PC…</p>

<p>I tried IE by remoting in to my work desktop. Same error.</p>

<p>I’ve figured it out. I had not been putting my student’s name in because there isn’t an asterisk next to that spot. After clicking the register button, the spot goes away but I think that is the error they are referencing (even though you can’t see it). This time I cleared my cookies and tried again and put her name in. And it worked!</p>

<p>That worked! Thanks!</p>

<p>Janine…The new website is just another reason I LOVE UA! You guys (and glas) are THE BEST! No doubt about it! Thanks!</p>

<p>I don’t know if this happened to anyone, but when I first signed on for the very first time, I only saw 5 properties (all from the same complex, just diff bedrooms sizes). I somehow had a filter on, so if you can’t see all 47 (or so) properties, try removing the filter on the right-hand side.</p>

<p>UA Housing: Yes, amazing work on this! This is so helpful! :)</p>

<p>This is great-thank you!</p>

<p>We have a lease at East Edge on a Large Studio I am fairly certain we are not going to want to retain. Please PM for details if you are interested.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>