New Preview News..Re: dress

<p>Okay ladies so I try very hard to pass onto you the latest of what I know :)…as per Panhellenic on Wednesday night chapter meetings (sorry it’s Friday but my “source” had tests this week :/) …the sororities have been asked to wear (wait for it…drum roll please!!) JEANS and cute tops to Preview…so…I have been told a casual skirt and top is ok but the sororities will be in jeans. Hope this helps…if you went out and bought dresses I am SO sorry but again this is just as of Wednesday (day before yesterday)…I would think jeans, tailored shirt, blazer, riding boots. Or a cute top and colored jeans although I have to tell you I would still lean towards…a cute skirt, chambray shirt and boots or tights and ballet flats. If any more news come down the tube I will share!!!</p>

<p>aggghhhhhhhhhh!</p>

<p>I KNEW I should have gotten her the Tory Burch boots instead of the fancy handbag (which won’t even be allowed inside the sorority house) for her birthday.</p>

<p>Agggggghhhhhhhhhh!</p>

<p>Also, then WHAT for registration? Jerseys and Nike Tempos? Neon sneakers? Leggings as pants? </p>

<p>…I kid…</p>

<p>…I think ! Lol</p>

<p>HA! </p>

<p>Next up: Denim overalls for rush :slight_smile:
Little do many outside of Texas know that decorated up overalls are big for homecoming. Lol! I think they are horrid!</p>

<p>I am actually quite relieved. I was getting a bit stressed out reading all the posts going back and forth on this issue. </p>

<p>I keep chanting ahpimommy’s mantra: It’s supposed to be about the girls, not the designers they can afford to wear.</p>

<p>If only I had a daughter I could bedazzle her jeans - adding crimson “As” with my Swarovski-crystal hot iron.</p>

<p>you can make a cute outfit with stuff from target or jcpenney. it doesn’t have to be designer. as long as there are no discernable logos (remember the jcpenney fox shirts), then your outfit could be from anywhere.</p>

<p>expensive designer clothes are NOT required.</p>

<p>i would hope it is about the girls and not the clothes!</p>

<p>Oops. I mis-read that as “adding crimson “A#s” with my Swarovski-crystal hot iron”</p>

<p>Hahaha</p>

<p>Like those sweatpants with words on the seat. Hahaha</p>

<p>I seriously want to make some jeans with the Swarovski-crystal Crimson A on the back pocket! This mom just may be doing that for ME! </p>

<p>Now that the dress is out for preview, I’m still thinking about the denim dress with leggings/boots we saw while shopping, just may have to get that now!</p>

<p>Y’all will get a kick out of this…I was shopping last night without my D and had a darling navy skirt and orange blazer on my arm. The young sales girl asked if I was looking for an outfit for a particular event and I told her “Preview weekend at Alabama.” She looked at me funny and then to the clothes on my arm and said, “Those are Auburn colors.” I’m completely clueless…</p>

<p>momoftriplets…you made me laugh. DD loves Francesca’s for a cheap game day dress or something that she can wear to a date party and not feel bad about not wearing again. It was SO frustrating this fall as they had this whole blue and orange color scheme going!!! I can hardly wait to see all the different outfits and it will be interesting to see how “casual” girls get.</p>

<p>Momoftriplets: Too funny! Good thing you didn’t get the navy and orange clothes. I never see that combo on campus.</p>

<p>Mom of triplets - I’m aware of Auburn’s colors (even though I’m from Michigan), and my daughter selected a cute red dress with a slight orange hue to it, then picked out a navy cardigan with white, pink, and the same red/orange stripes in it. I told her earlier when she picked out the solid navy cardigan why she couldn’t do it (Auburn), but was willing to let it go with the striped one since it was so cute. Now that the attire has changed I am completely relieved since the “Auburn” outfit has been haunting me ever since. So, goodbye Auburn outfit. However, I actually thought that her outfit may be some sort of “hook” to remember her . . . but maybe not in a good way!</p>

<p>Ick, orange and navy blue - (making sign of cross with fingers to ward off evil).
Same thing with orange and white. DON’T let anyone think you’re a Tennessee fan!! (or Texas!)</p>

<p>Heeheee, My dining room over the holidays was decked out in houndstooth and crimson. Custom made placemats, table runner, Christmas tree skirt and stockings for that room. Hosted bunco and one of the ladies has a kid at that other school, bless their hearts. She snapped a pic of the table and sent it to her D who responded, “RUN! Run out of there now. Whatever you do, do not touch the houndstooth.” I joked I was going to get my extra leftover fabric and wrap her up in it, snap a pic and send it to her D. :)</p>

<p>Question: There is a Panhellenic info session this weekend for the area association and the girls will register at that time. My D can not go. How important is it that she must go? I can go but by myself :frowning: If she really, really needs to go I will get her excused from her dance rehearsal.</p>

<p>TxNewCollegeMom…are you wanting them to get recs for your DD. If so then she needs to go…they won’t be happy to have you come in her place. If you are handling all of your own recs then it’s something she doesn’t need to be at. Is there a number for you to call? If so I would call and chat…tell your situation and inquire as to the sessions agenda.</p>

<p>At our little alum panhellenic, only about half the girls show at our tea/info session. We expect that…seniors have a lot going on. But we send out the basic form, and they turn their packets in and we take care of them. So yes, call and ask. We certainly don’t mind moms coming without daughters, and that happens every year. Moms usually have better and more questions than the daughters!</p>

<p>We are planning the Preview Weekend CC Friday night get-together and think that we should eat and then move to a location where we can talk and listen to Ahpimommy …</p>

<p>So, are any of you staying in a hotel with a meeting room or large lobby??? Any other ideas for a meeting place?</p>

<p>We don’t think any of the restaurants will offer a place to have a meeting, especially on a Friday night!</p>

<p>Let me know, please.</p>

<p>Hotel lobbies to meet in, anyone???</p>

<p>Other suggestions?</p>