New Student Conference

Hi,
I am attending TAMU this fall as a transfer student. My only option for the new student conference is August 18-19. I feel like this is a very short amount of time to register for classes, pay for tuition and get books before class starts. Are there many others that go to NSC this late into August? My major is Ag Business so I will be in AGLS if that makes any difference. ANY help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi.Supposedly spots in classes are opened up every NCS so there should be some left by the time you go. You can see how many spots are available in the classes right now by logging into Howdy and clicking on the MyRecord tab and Clicking the Seach Class Schedule link. That should help you plan your schedule before the NCS. There is also a lot of adding and dropping classes the first week of classes so that may help.

I think bills are due the first week of classes. There is an installment plan option if you can’t pay it all at once.

My kids always waited the first week of class to buy books because sometimes books listed for the course aren’t really needed or the prof wants something else. Better to go to class and hear from the prof’s mouth what you need before buying.

Hope that helps, some.

If you’re a transfer, they know you’re coming. There should be space for you to register in upper division courses, you will of course be registering after everyone else just due to the nature of your timing- current students have already registered before school was out- so you may not have the ideal schedule available. Everyone pays for classes on the same date, not during NSC. Usually the second week of school I think- if you buy a sports pass or parking pass those are billed with that statement as well. Agree to wait on the professor to see if you need all the books or not - don’t worry many people do not buy books before school starts- there are also some in the library to ‘borrow’ until yours arrive. Don’t panic, it’ll all work out fine.

Is August 18-19 still the only open NSC left?