New Union South topped out

<p>Actually on topic… </p>

<p>The Union South has been making some great strides since I saw it last summer and is really taking shape. I’m so excited to be able to use it next Spring for bowling and even movies if the cinema has new stuff!</p>

<p>Thank goodness it got the name Union South too, it just sounds right. Lot better than Randall Union or Discovery Union.</p>

<p>I really liked the proposed “Varsity Union” name inasmuch as it’s so close to Camp Randall, but as a practical matter everyone would call it Union South anyway.</p>

<p>Slightly off topic- Humanities (the extra name came after my day) was always a terrible building. Seemed to be so much wasted exterior space. Hard to get around, find rooms, etc. Heard how art students needing space could work in overheated halls- sunshine in, no way for heat to disperse, and other complaints. Brutalism was a bad idea, other contemporary architecture is better than a lot of the old styles.</p>

<p>I think the art students already moved out to behind Kohl Center in the Arts Lofts. I think they also get classroom space in the addition to Education. Next is new music hall. Then they can terminate Humanities.</p>