New Year New Chance?

<p>Hi everyone! My goal this year is to be the first one in my family to go to college and I wanted to get some feed back on what my chances look like!</p>

<p>Stats:
Sat I: 2110 (720V, 700M, 690W) (single sitting)
SAT II: 800 math I, 630 math II, (took a few others but they were REALLY bad :P)
ACT: 30
GPA: 3.39UW/3.76W (I know that's terrible, but there's a story. I'll explain later)
fairly large school, ~600+ student graduating this year.
*School doesn't rank
Course load: mix of IB, AP, and honors (again, there is a story)
CA resident
African American Female
Father was in the military and we moved around a lot when I was younger (don't know if this is good for anything)</p>

<p>EC:
*Family Responsibilities (4 years)
Drama Club (4 years)
National Honor Society (2 years)
Link Crew (1 year)
Peer Leaders Uniting Students (PLUS+) (1 year)
SYNC (Service club) (1 year)
Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) (1 year)
Beta Club (1 year)
*Work/Paid: Part-time/Seasonal at Lego Land :)</p>

<p>LOR: should be good, I only saw one though.
Counselor rec.: should be good also, she really likes me :)
Essays: my counselor said they were some of the best she had ever read! (talked about a event during my parents' divorce)</p>

<p>~EXTRA~</p>

<p>My rather poor GPA was a result of 2 things mostly. One, my parents when through a really bad/messy divorce spanning my freshmen and sophomore years which interfered with my studies resulting in quite a few B's (nothing lower though). I was able to pull things together and get almost straight A's in all IB classes the first semester of my junior year but then I moved (thing #2!). Because of the move I had to drop the IB program (I was in a full pre-IB/IB program at my old school where all of my grades were weighted) and the new school would not give me the weighted grade for my classes dropping my GPA from like a 4.2 to a 3.79. In addition, at the new school, because there were no equivalents for my IB classes, my second semester junior year schedule is really weak and because I had to make up the PE graduation requirement with summer school (that sucked!) I wasn't able to do any thing really productive with my summer (get a job, take community college classes, intern, etc.)
*The move and the divorce also account for why my EC are kind of sparse.</p>

<p>The schools I am applying for are:
Yale - Reach
UPenn - Reach
Stanford - Reach</p>

<p>USC - Match/Reach
UCLA - Match/Reach
UC Berkeley - Match/Reach
NYU (STERN) - Match/Reach</p>

<p>UC Irvine - Match/Safety
UC Santa Barabra - Match/Safety
Boston University - Match/Safety</p>

<p>CSU Long Beach - Safety
Washington State University - Safety</p>

<p>That's all I can think of right now but thanks in advance for any advice!</p>