Newbie here...need a hand to hold

<p>Good luck to your D on her test!!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Why do you think they call it Sweet Home Alabama? :)</p>

<p>Momof3: Disney recruits at UA for their Disney College Program :slight_smile: They’ll be on campus this coming week. D1 has 2 campus friends who’ve experienced it and had nothing but great things to say.</p>

<p>Hi there,</p>

<p>My D has been accepted at UA and she and her future roomates stayed in Ridgecrest West over summer (particiapted in UA Early College). They are debating between Presidential and Ridgecrest… Does Presidential have covered parking? Also, it seems Presidential didn’t have "common rooms’ on the hall to “hang out”. That was one of the things they enjoyed over summer. But they are definitely leaning towards Presidential. Do beds have to be lofted to accomodate dressers? It appears that way in the room diagram. Thanks!</p>

<p>Presidential does not have covered parking. Presidential has a HUGE community room with a full kitchen and a projector for gatherings. Beds can be lofted to put the dresser under, and do not require additional hardware to do so (they are height-adjustable).</p>

<p>Mom to 3 Princesses - Looking forward to hearing about your visit! I want to say that my daughter and I visited Bama in April and LOVED it, the tour was great, and Bama does everything top-notch. However, my daughter is still undecided. My hubby and I are in love with Bama and think it will be a good fit for DD! At this point she is applying to many schools and waiting until “all cards are on the table”, meaning acceptances/financial aid/scholarships. We may be in March/April before she decides. I just wanted to let you know that for many it is a “done deal” after the visit (it was for me), but my daughter is still undecided. Don’t give up! In the end I think she will be at Bama! BTW, we are from Michigan, and we did visit Miami in Ohio this summer. She and I were not interested after our visit. Hope all goes well with your visit! Feel free to PM me with questions!</p>

<p>Making sure you are noticing that it looks like from these posters UA superscores. Both SAT and ACT? If so that means - you take the highest section score from each test and superscore them for one test score. This is why everyone is recommending she take the test several times. Just wanted to make sure you caught this …</p>

<p>UA does not superscore. Retaking the ACT and/or SAT multiple times is suggested so a student has a better chance of qualifying for the bigger merit scholarships.</p>

<p>Thanks for clarifying - I misread an earlier post then.</p>

<p>Momof3p, my son is also seriously considering UA for their Accounting program. We have visited South Carolina and Ohio State so far. I purposely am saving UA for last for him to visit so as to have some schools to compare. Everyone we know says the visit will seal the deal. We also setup a visit through our area recruiter Elise who is fantastic and unbelievably helpful who then put us in touch with Allison from the Honors program. Allison has set us up with a “Visit with the Dean” event that virtually entails a full days tour and information session. The more my son looks into UA the more convinced that this will be his top choice. Unfortunately due to scheduling we wont be able to visit until mid November and were even lucky enough to score top seats to the UA/Western Carolina game. Any tips after your visit would be appreciated.</p>

<p>NYBama: I see that you are new here at the UA Forum, so let me be say “Welcome”. Feel free to ask any questions…we are a pretty friendly family here.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>NY Bama, I will definitely let you know how our tour goes. We are looking very forward to it. I would love to know what you thought of Ohio State. That is also on my daughter’s list but she doesn’t want to visit until after Alabama. I don’t see her loving it there but it certainly is close.</p>

<p>Thank you robotbldmom,
Unfortunately i am unable to PM you back since CC rules say i need the 15 posts before i can PM or respond to one. The warm welcome is very much appreciated. As soon as i reach 15 i will PM you. I dont imagine that will take long lol.</p>

<p>Ohio State was alright but did nothing for our son. He felt it was just to big and wondered how a school with 55,000 students anyone can get a personal feel. I honestly think that he is just so convinced that Alabama is the home for him that visiting anywhere short of Paradise just isnt going to compare. He speaks almost daily with his former Lacrosse teammate who started this year at UA as a freshman and cant wait for his Senior year to end so he can head down to Alabama. My wife and I (both law enforcement) have looked extensively into UA and truly believe that UA is incredible and is a perfect fit for our son. I will be visiting in November with my son and i must confess that i am just as excited as him to arrive. We were even able to get tickets on the 50 yard line in the 1st row for the UA/Western Carolina game.</p>

<p>What does the initials DD or DS stand for? I assume it refers to daughter or son but dont know what the first D stands for. Thanks</p>

<p>Normally the first D stands for darling, although it could be danged, darn or something else depending on the situation ;-)</p>

<p>MemphisGuy,
Thank you, i imagined it was something clever. Lol</p>