Next housing selection date?

<p>In case son wants to move…</p>

<p>I think it remains open until seven am tomorrow…in case he is ready to make a move right now…</p>

<p>How do you know already that son may want to move? My son knows nothing about his roommates. He literally “met” them 2 minutes before room assignment. Is it easy to move around?</p>

<p>colllegeboom - Yes it is fairly easy to move around. As long as the process hasn’t changed since last year, all you have to do is logon any time room selection is open. You will be able to see available beds and you can just select one.</p>

<p>I believe that is just the case for freshmen, though. I don’t believe upperclassmen are able to change rooms until a later date. When that is, I don’t know. Perhaps someone can chime in with that answer.</p>

<p>In the past, upperclassmen have not had the ability to change rooms online, except for room swaps and someone pulling them into a room, once freshman room selection has begun.</p>

<p>You mean after freshman room selection is done, upperclassmen will not be able to change dorms, rooms? I do understand it is likely there will be open spaces at that point, but say if the engineering guys decide they want to go back to Riverside, even though it’s not honors, they won’t be able to do so? </p>

<p>I don’t think that will happen in son’s case, but I could definitely see that happening in some cases, where kids may decide to change buildings, after all this honors/nonhonors designation has been going on.</p>

<p>One could always call Housing and politely explain their situation in such cases when a room change is desired.</p>