Next-Year Freshmen: Check Your Crimson Mail!

<p>I just checked my dd’s crimson mail account, and she had an offer for two free tickets to Game Day at the Ole Miss game on October 16. The email was sent out in the wee hours of this morning.</p>

<p>Unfortunately, she has a marching band competition in Hoover that day, which is a required performance. </p>

<p>I sent a response to the Game Day team to decline the invitation due to the band commitment, mentioning how much she would have loved to see the Million Dollar Band since she plans on being part of it next year.</p>

<p>A friend of hers originally received a written letter with wrong information about his scholarship. On the corrected version, he received an offer for tickets to a game in November. I’m not sure if that game is part of the Game Day program or if he received the offer because he’s NMSF.</p>

<p>Anybody know if they ever offer tickets to an alternate game if the potential student isn’t able to attend the game for which they received an offer? They probably have so many students that they wouldn’t be able to keep up with something like that easily, so I won’t get my hopes up for tickets to another game.</p>

<p>S did not get the email, he is admitted and we are going to be down there that weekend. Hmm, wonder if there is any way we could get tickets? Its a huge expense for us to fly down and the hotels are crazy expensive.</p>

<p>D received email. Unfortunately, D has theater conflict. Bummeroooski!</p>

<p>No email for us. We’re planning a trip out there in November. Maybe once D sets up all her tours and they know our dates, they’ll send us an offer too. I’ll tell her to keep checking.</p>

<p>I got the email and I’m already going to be in Oxford, MS on October 15-16 for debate… now I just have to find out if I can make use of these tickets.</p>

<p>Wait, is it in Tuscaloosa or MS?</p>

<p>The game is in Tuscaloosa.</p>

<p>I just found that out from a student actually… So I think I’ll skip Oxford. I’m so excited!</p>

<p>I wonder if there is a “distance limit” for these invites. I doubt they’re going out to students who are - say - in Calif. </p>

<p>Anyway…for those who didn’t get the email, but want to go, you should contact admissions or your area rep to find out if you can also get tix.</p>

<p>D didn’t receive the email but we got UA-Penn State tickets. I am thinking this is round two. For those who are getting tickets, hope you enjoy it as much as my D and I did.</p>

<p>My son also received a letter correcting his first scholarship letter and it offered him two tixs for the Miss State game in November. No way he is going to pass those up!</p>

<p>“Anyway…for those who didn’t get the email, but want to go, you should contact admissions or your area rep to find out if you can also get tix.”</p>

<p>I guess it can’t hurt to simply ask! We’ll try that :)</p>

<p>Oh how my son would love the offer of tickets. With him wanting to march with the band it would be great. I’m thinking since we are Virginia residents, the school may have considered us too far to visit for a game. Everyone that is going, have fun.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Contact your area rep and find out if your son can get tix!</p>

<p>N AL MOM </p>

<p>* My son also received a letter correcting his first scholarship letter*</p>

<p>Isn’t that awesome! </p>

<p>BTW…I’m from N AL, too!</p>

<p>We are from Athens…son is a senior at Clements in Limestone county - are you attending the Westin reception Monday?</p>

<p>No, my kids are already at Bama. And, actually I’m in Calif right now helping my mom.</p>