Nicaragua Program

<p>Very excited daughter, she was accepted today for the Nicaragua trip in May for health occupation students (she is pre-med, a ChemE and Spanish major). Has anyone on CC done this trip before or anyone else accepted today as well? I know there are two different trips in May with 7 students accepted for each trip. We weren’t sure she would have a strong chance since she is a Freshman, so we are very pleased! </p>

<p>Additionally, has anyone on CC participated in the Cuba Study Abroad program? This is another program that got her excited about Bama originally. Thanks!!</p>

<p>Congratulations!</p>

<p>My twin sons participated last year in the Nicaragua trip. They said it was VERY hot but was a great experience.</p>

<p>Wow and congratulations! How did your daughter learn about this trip?
We have been going on missions trips to Nicaragua for years. The time that has been spent there is what lead my daughter to choose nursing as her major,</p>

<p>Congrats to your daughter! Will she be going on the 1st or 2nd trip?</p>

<p>Christine – My daughter called last night to say she got in too! She is an Exercise Physiology and Spanish double major, getting ready to apply to physical therapy programs this summer. She is going on the first trip so that she can return to Atlanta in time for her summer league swim coaching job. I hope they will be on the same trip! Congrats to your daughter for jumping in early and getting accepted as a freshman!</p>

<p>My daughter is on the second trip. We were first told about it when visiting Bama, then I happened to see the info on it in the Honors College newsletter. I’m thinking she might get those required scrubs as part of her Christmas gift!</p>

<p>Congrats! What a great opportunity!</p>

<p>My son loved it.</p>

<p>I got his scrubs online from Sams Club (very reasonable). I got his stethoscope (Littman) and other items from Amazon.</p>

<p>sams doesn’t seem to be carrying scrubs right now. Amazon has a good variety.
<a href=“http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=scrubs+medical&tag=googhydr-20&index=apparel&hvadid=30930569661&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12742196641336710933&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=t&ref=pd_sl_9n7cx3qpgb_b[/url]”>http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=scrubs+medical&tag=googhydr-20&index=apparel&hvadid=30930569661&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12742196641336710933&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=t&ref=pd_sl_9n7cx3qpgb_b&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;