NM Scholar at Bama?

<p>I’m a Yankees fan as well as a fan of whoever is playing the Red Sux :-)</p>

<p>Whitlo, that’s great to hear about your daughter. Glad she’s enjoying herself so far. UA offers so much for so many.</p>

<p>Momof3boyz, just being asked to apply is quite an honor. Congrats and good luck!!</p>

<p>^^^Well, that almost makes up for the fact that you’re a Cowboys fan ;)</p>

<p>One of the schools that D2 is very interested in is located in Boston & she’s already acknowledged that it might be difficult for her in a land full of Red Sox fans…</p>

<p>momof3boyz: Congrats to your S on the nomination! What an honor :)</p>

<p>The Red Sox rule, the Yankees drool. But I still love ya, NJ.</p>

<p>momof3boyz–congrats and best wishes to your son!!!</p>

<p>RobD – which school is your D considering? I spent time at Tufts (for my MA) and Harvard Divinity School; hubby got his PhD at Harvard; and we’re also pretty familiar with BC and BU (I took night classes at BU). Of course, in Boston that’s just scratching the surface, LOL. But, if she’s considering any of the above-mentioned schools, I can give you my impressions, for what they’re worth, which ain’t much.</p>

<p>Emerson. They supposedly have a top notch writing program. I’ll take her to see it during Spring Break when it’s still snowing there, then have her visit UA the same week :)</p>

<p>I knew some Emerson folks back in the day. It’s very artsy, IIRC, and it had (has?) an awesome public radio station, which we used to listen to a lot. :)</p>

<p>I don’t think the campus can compare with UA’s, though, even minus the snow. (Snow in the city is sooooo ugly, too. The car exhaust makes it so dirty and sooty; plus, after it’s been there a day or so, it hardens into grimy mounds that resemble styrofoam. Not exactly Currier-and-Ives pisturesque, LOL.)</p>

<p>I still have pics from a blizzard (yes, blizzard) in April, way back in the day. Will hafta have them digitized so I can upload 'em to Facebook. Actually, the blizzard was quite beautiful, and it melted in a day or two. But still…blizzards in April?? “I’m dreaming of a white Easter”?</p>

<p>P.S. I do have to admit that Boston/Cambridge is pretty much Student Heaven. If you want a vibrant, cosmopolitan city with tons of culture and nightlife, it’s the place to be, IMHO. But that’s not everyone’s cup of tea. The city can be cold, impersonal, and overwhelming, too.</p>

<p>LadyDi: we’re originally from NJ and our last winter (2003) included a 30# blizzard in February & the last 7 inches during the 1st week of April. You won’t see me living up there again :)</p>

<p>^ LOL, I forgot you were an erstwhile Yankee. Yep, that’s how I feel, too. These old bones can’t take that cold weather anymore.</p>