NMF iPad

<p>when do we choose which carrier version?</p>

<p>Last year my D received a letter after Bama Bound that included a form for selecting the color of the iPad and the carrier if you wanted to purchase your own plan. The letter gave them a couple of days and times when they could pick the iPad at the Supe Store. Don’t worry when you see it show up as a bookstore charge on your student’s account. A credit is applied to cover it.</p>

<p>S picked his up at the bookstore on move-in day. Actually wasn’t too busy and it was nice to know he had it before we left. Remember to keep the receipt they give you as you will need it for your student’s 2013 taxes (fed and home state).</p>

<p>Keep all paperwork/receipts in case the iPad has a problem and needs to be replaced.</p>

<p>Just a note to last year’s NMFs about their IPad, Alabama generously included the Apple Care Plus warranty with your IPad. This means that if you dropped or hurt your IPAd in any way, Apple will fix it or give you a new one. The warranty expires soon (it expires August 18th for my son) so if you have ANY problems with your IPad, bring it to the store asap. My son dropped his IPad from his bed and it hit the bedframe, denting the edge and hurting his “volume” control (it went up and down on its own sometimes.) He could have lived with it (although annoying), but we brought it to the Apple store today and they replaced it with a NEW Ipad at no cost to him. That was AWESOME!!! After April 18th, he will have another year of the regular Apple warranty.</p>

<p>Thank you UA for including this warranty. I’m guessing they did this as they “owned” the IPad until the NMF completed a full year and probably wanted to cover themselves in case they got some back. No matter the reason, it was a very HAPPY surprise for my son when he walked out with a new one!!</p>