NMF package and housing questions

<p>I will be an incoming Freshman at UA this fall. The university has offered me the NMF scholarship, but I am uncertain what exactly the package covers with regard to housing. </p>

<p>My understanding is that UA will pay for honors housing. If I pick a regular dorm however, would the difference between the cost in honors housing and regular housing be credited to my account (to pay for meals for instance)? </p>

<p>According to my mybama account, the Presidential National Housing Scholarship is $3,232.00 for eight terms (or $6,464.00 per semester). Since honors housing last year was $4,050 (per year, I believe) and is projected to be $4,400.00 this year, what is the extra 2 grand for? Am I missing something?</p>

<p>*My understanding is that UA will pay for honors housing. If I pick a regular dorm however, would the difference between the cost in honors housing and regular housing be credited to my account (to pay for meals for instance)? *</p>

<p>No…</p>

<p>As for the second part. The scholarship will pay for a 4 bedroom suite in Honors. That is $8800. </p>

<p>You’ve done your math wrong. Is is NOT $6464 per semester…that’s per year. 8 terms is 8 semesters. But, Bama kicks in more if you choose a 4 BR honors suite. Bama does NOT give you “change back” for cheaper housing.</p>

<p>So, go with honors 4 bedroom.</p>

<p>Right, $6464 per year, not per semester. Thanks for catching that mom2collegekids. </p>

<p>Simple enough, honors housing it is.</p>

<p>Yep! :)</p>

<p>When is your pick date? </p>

<p>Don’t worry if you can’t find a room yet, there will be more honors spots likely opening. </p>

<p>Tell us more about yourself…what is your major? Where are you from? Have you visited the campus?</p>

<p>Please go to the last page on this thread and post about yourself. :)</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1326343-state-roll-call-incoming-fall-2012-frosh.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1326343-state-roll-call-incoming-fall-2012-frosh.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Decided to enroll at Bama today. Do I need to send in my housing application as well today, or just the enrollment deposit? Also, should I try and find roommates (Honors Housing) or just submit the application and pick randomly?</p>

<p>Get all your deposits in …enrollment and housing. Then decide if you want to find roommates or have someone pull you into their suite or whatever.</p>