NMF Question - First choice required?

<p>I can’t seem to find the info on the school’s web site and a search here didn’t help. For the NMF scholarship, does the student have to designate Bama as first choice by the NMSC first notification date?</p>

<p>You do have to name Bama as first choice. I think the deadline with NMCorp is the end of May.</p>

<p>Have you done it yet? If not, fax it now!</p>

<p>Thanks m2c. My kid is a junior and we’re just starting to ponder about his college choices. I am sure I’ll come back here for more questions :)</p>

<p>Oh good. Because usually Bama wants to be named by the end of April.</p>

<p>Have you toured? </p>

<p>If you do visit, first set up the campus tour online…try for an early morning time! Don’t bother with the “info session”, you’ll get that info here pretty much on the Alabama forum on College Confidential.</p>

<p>In the email include:</p>

<p>Student’s name and contact info</p>

<p>Date and time of the Campus tour that you’ve reserved.</p>

<p>GPA and test scores (include likely NMSF if applicable)</p>

<p>Likely majors*</p>

<p>Career interests (including med, law, etc)</p>

<p>Anything particular that you want to see. *If you have an interest in seeing the new Science and Engineering Complex, let them know.</p>

<p>Honors Recruitment
Allison Verhine
Coordinator
269 Nott Hall
205-348-5534
<a href=“mailto:allison.verhine@ua.edu”>allison.verhine@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>Susan Alley
Assistant Coordinator
270 Nott Hall
205-348-5599
<a href=“mailto:susan.alley@ua.edu”>susan.alley@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>Allison and her assistant will arrange the rest of the day…meeting with eng’g faculty, honors people, touring honors dorms, etc.</p>

<p>Sometimes mail goes to their SPAM folders, so call them if you haven’t heard back within a few business days. These ladies do an excellent job and work very hard</p>

<p>Thanks again! This board could easily be the best. Southern hospitality? :)</p>

<p>Not just southern hospitality – although I’m a native southern girl many folks on this forum are from all over the US and they are just nice folks. I think also we all realize how much Bama has done for our kids and want to make sure we pay it forward.</p>

<p>WhitLo is a GRITS :)</p>

<p>Girl Raised in the South</p>

<p>I sure am! Born in Jackson, MS, raised in Wilmington, NC, educated at Chapel Hill and UVA, and happily living in Atlanta for 20 years. But I married a nice Italian boy from Cleveland to balance it all out!</p>