NMF question

<p>My son has earned the GPA and ACT scores to qualify for a presidential scholarship however due to a pretty serious injury earlier in the year he was not able to take the PSAT as a junior. Based on his SAT & ACT scores and his PSAT scores as sophomore I,m pretty confident he would have been a NMF. Considering this, does anyone know if UA extends any additional above and beyond offers to presidential scholars such as the room and board and Ipad? Thanks in advance for your help.</p>

<p>I’m sorry to hear that your son wasn’t able to take the PSAT because of an injury. Your GC should have advised you that he could have submitted a SAT score in its place. I think that time has passed. The fact that his prior scores suggest that he could have made NMF won’t matter to schools, but maybe your GC needs to contact NMCorp about using his SAT score. </p>

<p>As for other scholarships at Bama, it is rare for a student to get more than the Presidential (or added Eng’g scholarship) without being a NMF. Sometimes, some CBH and UFE kids get more money.</p>

<p>It is past the deadline, but I would still have the GC contact NMCorp. </p>

<p>If a Student Misses the PSAT/NMSQT® Administration</p>

<p>A student who does not take the PSAT/NMSQT because of illness, an emergency, or other extenuating circumstance, but meets all other requirements for NMSC program participation, may still be able to enter the competitions. The student or a school official must write to NMSC as soon as possible after the PSAT/NMSQT administration to request information about procedures for entry to NMSC competitions by alternate testing. The earlier NMSC receives the written request, the greater the student’s opportunities for meeting alternate entry requirements. To be considered, a request must be postmarked no later than March 1 following the PSAT/NMSQT administration that was missed. NMSC will provide alternate entry materials including an entry form that requires the signature of a school official.**</p>

<p>[National</a> Merit Scholarship Corporation - Entering the Competitions](<a href=“http://www.nationalmerit.org/entering.php]National”>http://www.nationalmerit.org/entering.php)</p>

<p>Since it sounds like your son’s SAT score was taken awhile ago, NMCorp may still accept it.</p>