NMF Reminder - Make sure list Alabama as your #1

<p>Yes, son did it but we received no notification from the NMSC. I did call to verify.</p>

<p>Deadline is May 1.</p>

<p>Yes…</p>

<p>If you’ve lost the form…go to NMCorp, go to forms link…it’s there. Fill it out and fax it in. Then later call to make sure it got processed.</p>

<p>Thanks for the reminder! We sent the form in a while ago but did not receive any verification from NMSC. I plan to call them first thing Monday to confirm–have left sticky-note on my workplace computer. :)</p>

<p>(Actually, I tried to call them earlier this week but kept getting busy signal. Acccck. I hope I can get through on Monday. Sigh–just another thing to stress about!!)</p>

<p>When I look under my scholarship awards on mybama, the NMF scholarships are listed…does this mean that I’ve officially declared UA as my number 1 (I honestly don’t remember!)</p>

<p>@LadyDi </p>

<p>Yeah, the phone call helps the peace of mind.</p>

<p>@rjw</p>

<p>I don’t think that has any bearing on whether you’ve declared UA as your #1. If you switched to 'Bama I would recommend calling either 'Bama or the NMSC to verify. It’s cheap insurance.</p>

<p>rjw</p>

<p>What all is showing? I’m wondering if the $1000 part of the NMF scholarship is showing (it may show as $500 (for one semester). </p>

<p>Anyway…just to make sure, print off the form that is on the NM Corporation page, fill it in, and fax it in.</p>

<p>I haven’t sent in my form yet, and the NMF scholarship still shows up for me. Including the $1000 stipend. So don’t rely on that as an indication of whether or not you’ve already declared UA as your first choice :)</p>

<p>Last call folks</p>

<p>I’m an NMF, but I never got any sort of notification from UA about the NMF scholarship…</p>

<p>When I go to the “Scholarship Offers” page on MyBama, all I see is this message:</p>

<p>"Please select whether you will Accept or Decline the scholarships offered in your scholarship letter. </p>

<p>If you chose to extend your scholarship offer, you have until May 1, 2011 to accept or decline."</p>

<p>Like I said, I never got any sort of scholarship letter. What do I do?</p>

<p>lutherjw,</p>

<p>Have you applied for the scholarship? If you did, go to your myBama account</p>

<p>Click on the “Student” tab
Click on the link “Financial Aid Awards” in the middle of the page.
From the drop down menu select ‘2011-2012 Award Year’ and click on ‘Submit’</p>

<p>Your awards should show there and you can accept or decline them.</p>

<p>Yes, I submitted the scholarship application and listed my NMF (NMSF at the time) status.</p>

<p>The “Financial Aid Awards” page only lists a $3,500 subsidized loan and a $2,000 unsubsidized loan.</p>

<p>lutherjw,</p>

<p>Call the Financial Aid Office TOMORROW! Explain your situation and see what the problem is. Have you already listed Alabama as your first choice school? Good luck tomorrow.</p>

<p>Only essential personnel will be working at Alabama. My suggestion is this. You can call and see if someone is in the scholarship office, but I also would send an e-mail to the school.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Good call. They’ll then have a record of the date so they’ll know he was trying to inquire before May 1.</p>

<p>When we look at D’s financial aid offered, it shows the National Merit scholarship but not her departmental scholarship. Should it also be on that list?</p>

<p>My son’s was. His was an engineering scholarship. PM sent.</p>

<p>Which dept scholarship? Engineering? It should be there. Contact the CoE about that. </p>

<p>Saskia Clayton, Coordinator
Engineering Scholarships
Box 870200
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0200
205-394-7573 or toll-free 800-887-9711</p>

<p>Luther…did you ever get a letter from Bama about your NMF scholarship? </p>

<p>As for NMF scholarships, send an email to <a href=“mailto:scholarships@ua.edu”>scholarships@ua.edu</a> and give your CWID # and your NMF status and ask about your NMF scholarship.</p>

<p>BTW…Are some of you seeing merit scholarships on the Financial Aid link on mybama? My kids merit scholarships never showed there.</p>

<p>Saskia Clayton’s email address is…</p>

<p><a href=“mailto:sclayton@eng.ua.edu”>sclayton@eng.ua.edu</a></p>

<p>College of Engineering</p>

<p>m2ck,</p>

<p>Yes, the Merit Scholarships are showing up:</p>

<p>EG Leadership Scholarship (Departmental)
Presidential Merit/Ach 2011 (National Merit Tuition)
Presidential National Housing (National Merit Housing)
Est. Merit/Ach Special Schol (National Merit Stipend)</p>

<p>All this under the myBama---->Student Tab----->Financial Aid Awards</p>

<p>m2ck,</p>

<p>I have pm’ed Luther to find out his situation with no response. Looking at his posts he has quite a few options he’s tracking.</p>