NMF scholarship at Bama

<p>The Bama website says that all semifinalists with a 3.5 high school GPA or higher will get full tuition, and that all finalists will get the full ride package. Do finalists also need a 3.5 GPA to qualify?</p>

<p>^^^ yes, the distinction is merely the upgrade once NMSF becomes NMF.</p>

<p>And what years do they look at for the GPA? Do senior year grades factor in?</p>

<p>Senior year grades do not factor in. Only grades from your freshman, sophomore, and junior years (grades 9-11) will be considered.</p>

<p>I do not think you need a 3.5 to get the scholarship if you make NMF. Whenever I’ve called Scholarships to refer a NMF student to them, Bama has never asked me if they also have a 3.5. Bama wants the NMF count, so I don’t think the GPA distinction is a biggie to them since they know that if you made NMF, your grades must be ok. </p>

<p>However, since the 3.5 for NMSF scholarship is a weighted GPA for grades 9-11, do you have that?</p>

<p>If it’s weighted, then yes. I have a 4.0 weighted from 9-11.</p>

<p>swell. 3.81 weighted. has anybody on CC taken advantage of this scholarship?</p>

<p>I’m planning on it… everything I’ve heard about Bama has been great.</p>

<p>Bama is great! My husband and I are both alums and son is NMSF, hopefully will be NMF and will definitely be at Bama Fall 2012.</p>

<p>I’m planning on taking advantage of this scholarship too. Visiting in November.</p>

<p>There are many students and parents of students here at CC who have taken advantage of the NMF scholarship. My D barely missed being a NMSF, but she ended up with one of the National Alumni Association’s Crimson Scholarships, which is pretty equivalent.</p>

<p>The scholarships are pretty amazing, and should make it possible for lots of these students to graduate debt-free.</p>