NMF Scholarship Computer?

<p>I was just wondering if a computer was included in the NMF scholarship? If so, what kind is it and when would we get it?</p>

<p>Last year it was a high-end, beefy, business-quality Dell model. Nothing cheap about it. My son got one and is very satisfied with it. He received it a few days before classes began.</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/12109684-post12.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/12109684-post12.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>…and it was crimson!</p>

<p>Thank you everyone for the help! I guess that I will need to get a portable hard drive to move the contents of my current computer to my new computer. That may also be strange considering that I am moving in a week early for AA. Hope this all goes well.</p>

<p>jaguarlineman,</p>

<p>I had the same question a short while ago (ultimately I emailed Dr. Sharpe, we pretty much have to wait for the letter this month to know this year’s specs, but the scholarship people did say we get them the day before classes start) and I’ll be moving in early for AA too. Clearly, we should be friends, haha.</p>

<p>Jaguar, consider a back-up service like mozy dot com. It might turn out to be cheaper than buying a hard drive. You can upload from your old computer and then download when you get the new laptop. Of course, you might find you want to keep the service as a reassuring backup in the case of data loss.</p>

<p>I say go for the external. I don’t trust the cloud (yet) and the amount of memory one can get for a cheap price is amazing. Ex, saw something hovering around a half terabyte for about 60 bucks. Better than paying a monthly fee in my opinion. But to each his own. Some people prefer the online services.</p>

<p>This is kinda random, but do they come with built-in webcams?</p>

<p>Yes, to webcam. Read post #3.</p>

<p>Oh haha thanks so much!!</p>

<p>Last year, it was a Dell Latitude E6510 w/ Intel Core i5 M540 @ 2.53GHz, 4 GB RAM, Intel Integrated HD Graphics (not so great), 64 Bit Windows 7 Professional, 220 GB hard drive, crimson colored, and integrated webcam</p>