NMSF Visit Question

<p>My son has a tour scheduled this Tuesday, Oct 2nd. Since requesting the tour he has been notified of his National Merit Semifinalist status. I would like to make the most of this trip and would like to have the opportunity to meet with someone regarding NMF opportunities. Additionally, he would like to have a more in-depth look at some of the programs.</p>

<p>I have searched the Bama website for a contact name or a dedicated NMF office, but had no success.</p>

<p>I tried to PM Mom2collegekids, but I don’t have PM privileges yet. Can anyone suggest a contact at Alabama?</p>

<p>Thank you</p>

<p>these two people are the NMF recruiters…</p>

<p>Allison Verhine
Coordinator
269 Nott Hall
205-348-5534
<a href=“mailto:allison.verhine@ua.edu”>allison.verhine@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>Susan Alley
Assistant Coordinator
270 Nott Hall
205-348-5599
<a href=“mailto:susan.alley@ua.edu”>susan.alley@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>I would send them both an email now, mention the NMSF status. Bama doesn’t have a dedicated NMF office. These people recruit NMF and other high stats students. </p>

<p>I’m not sure what you mean by “NMF opportunities”. Bama offers a NMF scholarship, but all high stats students have the same opportunities. </p>

<p>In the email to these two ladies, mention your upcoming Tues visit and what you’d like.</p>

<p>Also…on Monday morning (or late Sunday) call their numbers and mention that you’ve sent an email regarding your Tuesday visit. You don’t want them to see your email too late on Monday.</p>

<p>I knew you would know!</p>

<p>Yes, I will send emails tonight and follow up with phone calls first thing Monday morning.</p>

<p>When I said opportunities I should have said programs and scholarships for which he would be eligible. He has received a few big packets from some other schools and wants to get similar info from Bama while we are there. He would also like to experience as much as possible. Wants to look at the Aerospace programs, housing, honors, etc.</p>

<p>Thanks again.</p>

<p>Ahhh…</p>

<p>Have you seen the Bama NMF offer?</p>

<p>full tuition
housing for one year (including honors housing)
admittance into the honors college
study abroad money
$1k per year stipend
iPad 3</p>

<p>Be sure to mention the Aerospace Engineering interest in the emails.</p>

<p>Also mention that you want to see the new Science and Eng’g Complex</p>

<p>Also…your son would get an additional $2500 per year from Eng’g.</p>

<p>I have seen the scholarship information here on CC. It is still stunning each time I see it!!</p>

<p>Thank you for sharing your wealth of information about both Bama and this college process in general! It is nice to have CC and all of you that share your knowledge and experience to help guide this newbie.</p>

<p>Denise: I think you need 15 posts and then you have PM capabilities. So keep on posting!
Good luck on your visit.</p>

<p>Thanks Cuttlefish.</p>

<p>Mom2college kids, I heard from Allison Verhine first thing this am. She worked magic for us and we have a full day tomorrow. Thanks again.</p>

<p>Ah…Allison…she’s awesome!</p>

<p>Say “hi” to her (and Susan) from me!!! Susan is awesome, too.</p>