No chances left?

<p>I recently got a letter from Merced asking for my first semester senior year transcript. I’m completely devastated now, cause if Merced is this doubtful of accepting me, what other chances would I have at the other UC’s?</p>

<p>What were your stats in the first place...</p>

<p>The request is a good sign not a bad sign, usually means your almost in.</p>

<p>Well, I know that, but if Merced really needed my first semester grades, then other UC's would be even more doubtful...Seems like everyone gets in Merced without being asked for transcripts.</p>

<p>Peppers; my weighted GPA is a 3.4, my UC weighted might be a bit lower.
SAT 1940, SATII's 740 MathIIC, 580 BioM
My extracurriculars are a lot; music with one international and one national award, many scholarships.
Music summer camps
Leadership
National Honor Society
Tutoring
100+ service hrs
Work
Honor roll
Thought the essays were pretty good, got good feedback.</p>

<p>I know my GPA is holding me back a lot...but Merced...? I even got into San Jose State without being asked for transcripts...</p>

<p>lol, relax. requesting for transcripts is a good thing, they just want to check that your keeping your grades up 1st semester. A lot of my friends recieved the letter and they have really high GPA's 3.8ish+ (I also attend one of the best public high schools in california, top 50 in the u.s)</p>

<p>Huh. That's kinda weird. I'd think that you'd at least get into Merced without them having to ask. But remember, there are always some odd cases during admissions times. You might just be an odd case.</p>

<p>Lol do you go to MSJ, stripesforsure?</p>

<p>But the letter says "After reviewing your self reported academic record, it has become clear that we will need mroe information..."</p>

<p>Doesn't that basically imply that they basically think my stats suck? Maybe your friends got different letters..? :/</p>

<p>Ok, last year, there was a girl that got rejected from Tier 2 schools, LA, and SD. She was on her way to Merced or SC, when she got into Berkeley. I'm not quite sure what exactly happened, you can ask her yourself if she still posts, but that just shows how unpredictable UCs are. My friend's English class here at UCLA has a kid that got in with a 3.0 UC GPA average and absolutely mediocre scores. You're going to be relying on the randomness factor a lot, since one would reasonably say that getting a supplement from Merced throws out a lot in terms of the conservative "chancing" that the board does, but it's definitely not the end. This is the first time I've heard of Merced sending out a supplement, and your stats aren't really that weak for at least Riverside or <em>possibly</em> even a second tier.</p>

<p>Wow...UCLA with a 3.0 GPA. Er. Wow.</p>