No contact...PNMs and sorority members

<p>I wanted to remind all young women (PNMs) and their parents as well as active sorority members that starting May 1st was “no contact”. What this means is if you are an active sorority member, unless you have express permission from UA Panhellenic you are not to have any contact with PNMs…no tweeting, no liking instagram pics, no facebook messages or likes or comments…nothing. If you are a PNM you should not have any contact with active members unless that member has been cleared by Panhellenic to have contact with you. Exceptions are granted for situations where a PNM lives in close proximity to a member, works with a member, attends church ect…certainly running into a member or being at a social event is an exception (have to tell you I think the send offs are in what I would call the “grey” area). If you happen to be in the same place as an active member do not ask them about or discus recruitment, finding recs, what to wear…ect. This past week Panhellenic issued violations to sororities for violating the “no contact” policy. It’s a $150 fine every time a sorority is in violation. It seems that Panhellenic is taking this very seriously this year.
I remind you of this as several different Alum groups are planning send off parties and I would advise that active sorority members not attend (I would hate to see your sororities fined…and if you do make sure you aren’t mentioned or are in any pictures.). I would also advise you to be cautious during Bama Bound…if you are a PNM do not reach out to active members that you know unless (again) they have been cleared for contact through Panhellenic. Many of the the orientation leaders are Greek and of course they can talk with you but you will find that they should not/will not tell you what house they are in and they also should not discuss recruitment. There usually is a break out session about recruitment if you want to attend and ask questions.</p>