no decision yet for summer term application

<p>hi everyone,</p>

<p>the situation is just like the title. it's not for me, i go to school here, but it's my boyfriend who's applying. he applied on the deadline (2/1), and he sent all the necessary documents already. he already made several phone calls asking about this, he sent several emails, and i have made direct visits to the office myself. every time i come there they would always say, "i'm sorry, we can't do anything. we are rushing here, and we hope to give out decisions soon. we are still processing december applicants" but i know people who applied in january AND for fall term have been hearing decisions.</p>

<p>does anyone know other ways to ask about this? i hate bugging them, but this is seriously frustrating. he's an international student, and the office has always been saying that they only have one counselor for a total of thousands international applicants. his status on the student center hasn't even indicated that his application materials are complete. summer school is starting very soon, and i'm running out of idea of what to do now. should i just wait? </p>

<p>i will appreciate any inputs or comments, thank you!</p>

<p>They can't go any faster than they already are. Are you sure you were asking about summer school? That is different, unless the applicant also wants to continue in the fall. </p>

<p>Rolling admissions means just that- they have to deal with things by date submitted. The best advice is to pass along to future applicants to get materials in much sooner so as to be further ahead in the line. This year has seen an even larger number of applicants than in recent years' high numbers, meaning it takes longer for the same number of people to finish going through the higher pile of applications. I guess the only upside is that they don't just take the first acceptable applicants but try to take the best applicants, meaning some have to wait for those end of January applicants files to be processed.</p>

<p>There is a reason patience is a virtue.</p>