No more SAT subject tests and Implications for BS Kids

Ok, so Ski sent me to the thread to confirm what I heard. But now I am wondering what the implications are for BS kids since so many of our BS’s have been steering away from AP testing over the past few years. Will we need to course correct? Will it matter? My kid is signed up to take an AP this spring in a class he hates, his advisor told him to, I told him not to.

Your might want to look at this thread as well:

Bottom line, AP tests will not be used by colleges in lieu of Subject Tests for admissions - at least short term. And college will continue to have no expectation that kids take AP exams when the schools does not offer.

The answer is different if taking about UK colleges

1 Like

Yup, was reading that! But I am wondering in a more general sense across the BS world. Her situation is a bit unique because of the block system and the UK angle.

The UK angle is unique, and if they require AP scores, then you need to provide AP scores. The HS does not offer APs? Self study. The AP course is taught in the Fall, but the exam is on May? Review (or revise in the UK lexicon) in the Spring.

Much like studying at UK unis, there is no hand holding in the application process. They want what they want and it is up to the applicants to figure it out.