No 'self service' in myWSU: can't check app status

I think something went wrong, and my portal is the staff version. Mainly because it says ‘EMPLOYEE’ in the address bar.
I don’t know what to do. I can’t check my application status, or even get to a ‘student service’ button.
I created my account by clicking on a link in an email they sent me. I don’t know how I could have screwed this up.
Does anyone know if it’s a bug? I’m pretty annoyed tbh. I don’t want to go through the trouble of calling them. If anyone knows how to fix this, I would be super greatful.

Mine has “employee” in the url too, but at the end says “w_student.” The interface is pretty terrible. If you have a section called “Student Center” click on it, then scroll down to the Admissions section. It should list your application status.

@violaine Mine says employee, then EMPL. There’s no student center section. The main menu looks like this (I’m using (F) to indicate folders):
(F)My Profile
(F)WSU
(F)My Content
(F)General Links
(F)MyWSU Training
(F)Worklist
CS - My Personalizations
My Dictionary

Unless I’m missing something totally obvious, I think I’m actually in there wrong.

Yeah it looks like you are missing three folders (after My Content and before General Links): Student, HR/Payroll/Benefits, and Self-Service. Guess you’ll have to call them, unfortunately. What a hassle.

I’ll probably just wait for the letter (if they send those)

Yep they do. Good luck! (Prob a shoo-in with your stats, actually).

Hey I am also facing the same problem. Were you able to resolve this issue? What should I do? I have already received an offer of admission but to accept that, I need to click some link under student center in self service. Please help if you can.