# Non California Applicants

<p>Haha, this has no merit whatsoever but anyhow, how many of you guys are non California applicants? Since I live in California, I always assumed I’d apply to UCs but I keep forgetting UCs are good schools available to out of state-rs.</p>

<p>due to the hard economic times they are actually admitting 7% more non-californian residents....which SUCKS</p>

<p>What, out of state are as deserving as you?</p>

<p>they are only accepting you because they want your money.</p>

<p>exactly!
gahhhhhhh</p>

<p>sorry if i sound hating
i hate how everything bad is happening in my year....school stuff and now THIS</p>

<p>yay,im OOS, that means my acceptance(I HOPE ,HAH) rate to UCB would be much higher.... that's good~~ for us OOS of course~</p>

<p>
[quote]
due to the hard economic times they are actually admitting 7% more non-californian residents.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Gotta learn to read more critically. That was only a PROPOSAL from a few faculty members...but, for political reasons, the Legislature/Regents will never approve it for the top three competitive campuses. Few will pay OOS fees for Riverside. Of course, Merced can have all the OOS'ers it wants. :D</p>

<p>Bluebayou is correct, the idea of admitting more OOS applicants was merely an idea or proposal. Californians, especially parents of senior high school students, would've been up in arms about it had it been implemented.</p>

<p>aww............=[</p>