Northeastern Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

No. Neither program is in Boston. NU In is fall semester at an international destination or SF Bay Are. NU Bound is both semesters in London or SF Bay Area. You will live at that destination then come to the Boston campus.

NUIN is a first semester at an international destination program, return to Boston in Soring. NUBound is first year abroad. Both do now offer an option in Oakland, CA at a mills college which NU recently bought.

NU bound is off campus. You can never live on campus with NU bound. You can live on campus after the first semester abroad with NU IN but never eligible if you’re a NU bound student (first year UK or California)

Did u all get email asking for IDOC?

No.

My daughter did not get an IDOC request email during the admissions process (although it might have come through with her CSS application, because she received several automatic requests. Can’t remember is NEU was one of them) but when we looked at her IDOC portal, Northeastern was one of the schools that had requested documents. She was admitted EA.

1 Like

We got the request for IDOC right after submitting the CSS.

I heard that early action was pretty rough, and indication if regular decision should be easier or more difficult?

1 Like

Something like only 6% were accepted EA this year, so RD will be tough as well. Lots of EA students were deferred as well. NU had a huge overenrollment/high yield last year so they are now required to keep their numbers low for fall 2022 and likely Fall 2023. They just told the city of Boston last night how they plan to underenroll this year. The city will be watching their enrollment numbers bc their land use permit comes up again soon.

3 Likes

I think it should be better. I’ve heard that there are people who get deferred EA and then get in RD with scholarships. I think that NEU just has issues with yield, so they let in a lot of people ED1 and ED2 and less for EA.

2 Likes

Folks who are deferred EA and RD applicants are always considered for merit scholarships, that has always been the case. Unfortunately though, this year they need to balance out their extremely high yield from last year and will be very cautious with yield this time. I bet there will be more waitlists this year and if their yield is manageable, they will accept off their waitlist, which they have not done in years.

If you know, is there a typical merit award that they give highly competitive candidates, and do they consider your FAFSA in any way and OOS status? Who know if D22 will even get it, but I was just curious if merit here is highly unlikely.

According to their website the Dean’s scholarships are between $10k and $28k annually. My son gets $7500 per semester and was offered some federal loans. Since it’s not a state school there is no advantage to being in state. The Dean’s scholarship is for the top 10-15% of their applicants and is not based on FAFSA or CSS.

2 Likes

NU is not need blind, so your personal finances are considered. Merit can be given no matter your finances. I would run their net price calculator to get a sense of what you might be offered if admitted. This calculator is good unless you are divorced or own your own business. It will only tell you what need based aid you should get, merit is not income related. Merit is offered at the range mentioned earlier.

1 Like

anyone have any idea of when they will release decisions?

Based on previous years’ releases, the decisions are speculated to be released on 3/16 or 3/23

1 Like

thanks, I was guessing that as well. i know they will send an email, but I’m just going to follow the NU admissions twitter, since looks like they post on there as well when released.

Would you mind posting here after you find out on Twitter? I don’t have a Twitter account….Thanks!

yes, I will post when I hear anything.

1 Like

Thank you so much! D22 was deferred which was very surprising to us, but we are hoping it was because of the huge influx of applications and not because she wasn’t a strong candidate, because objectively speaking, she has very high stats. I hope decision day is 3/16, the waiting game is HARD.

2 Likes