Northeastern Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

My deferred son has always only had one login since he applied. We tested it in laptop, Chromebook, iPad and phone last time it was discussed.

He does have some new FA info added at the bottom of portal that wasn’t there last week. Maybe they have actually reviewed his app this time (I am semi-joking, but I don’t know how they could have fully considered him EA without the FA materials).

NEU is need-blind for admissions. So having incomplete (or no) FA materials has no impact on admission decisions.

It is one login now

Only on the phone though

I went back and looked at the RD decision dates going back to 2017. Prior to 2020 (Covid), in 2017, 2018, and 2019, the RD came in the Wednesday AFTER spring break:

• 2017: return from spring break classes March 13, RD Wed. March 15
  • 2018: return from spring break classes March 12, RD Wed. March 14
  • 2019: return from spring break classes March 11, RD Wed. March 13
  • 2020: return from spring break classes March 9, RD Thurs. March 26 - this was the big hiccup, due 100% to COVID.
  • 2021: SPRING BREAK CANCELLED, RD Wed. March 17

Based on this pattern, and the fact that Northeastern is on spring break right now (returning to classes on Monday, March 21st, I’m pretty sure the soonest RD decision will be announced by NEU is next Wed., March 23rd

3 Likes

That isn’t my point. FA packages went out with acceptances, so those who were accepted and applied for FA definitely had their FA reviewed.

I believe they are not need-blind

Need blind for US citizens, need aware for international students is my understanding.

1 Like

Good sleuthing! I had looked up dates a few weeks ago - so was hopeful for today - but I didn’t see the spring break complication. We will know in 2+ hours, I guess.

Wasn’t aware of the Spring Break scenario. However, typically administrative offices are open during spring break, so I don’t think it necessarily negates today. (edit: I was looking at info on several universities over the past week and saw that their admissions offices say they are open over spring break. But, I admit I cannot find that on NU’s page, I cant even find office hours on their page)

If decision is going out today, wouldn’t they alert us on instagram like they did for Early Action? Didn’t get any notification today. Most likely next week.

Didn’t notify for EA either until after all decisions were released.

The posting on IG was immediately before they started releasing EA decisions, I believe, or even after the first batch was released. Giving it until 5 before giving up hope entirely. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They posted the notices on Twitter for ED1, EA and ED2 about 6:15, 4:30 and 6:30 pm - I assume Instagram were the same time since they were the same images. When the posted, I believe the notices were already rolling out.

3 Likes

I read on ZeeMee that someone’s counsellor confirmed that Northeastern is releasing today. Don’t know the veracity of the statement but just thought I’d let you all know.

2 Likes

This is great sleuthing! Looks like it will probably be 3/23 … honestly, RD is getting later and later. I remember when all early decisions were December, and all regular decisions were in February. It was enough time to go visit the schools before committing.

1 Like

Apart from the spring break connection (if there indeed is one - and I’m not sure there is, because admissions offices typically do not close), these release dates (apart from the Covid year exception) also happen to be on Wednesdays closest to March 15th. This holds true for last year as well where there was no spring break.

If this pattern holds this year, then release date is today.

4 Likes

I really hope it’s today. Deferred EA and REALLY hoping going to get in as I havent gotten in anywhere else and am getting nervous

2 Likes

Agree

Is there any way to see your decision early? I know at UNC they had a thing where if you could make a UNC account you got accepted. Anything like that here?