Northeastern Early Decision and Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

I sent my SAT score yesterday, will it arrive by November 15th? Is there anything I can do to make sure it makes it there on time?

Usually it takes approx. 2 weeks for the college to receive the score from the college board.

If you sent the score today, did you use the rush option provided by the college board? Rush usually takes 2-4 days. Otherwise, the regular option may not reach on time.

You should call or email undergrad admissions- admissions@northeastern.edu and ask them if they need the scores by Nov-15.

And if they do, you should send the scores using the rush option again!

My daughter sent her application in on the 24thand she has not gotten the ID yet to check on the application. She got an email on the 28th saying it is processing. Just wondering if anyone else’s child is still waiting.

@AKCRNA - Did your DD check her spam folder? Usually she should receive the PIN in 2-4 days which will allow her to create her status account. If she is using google, sometimes a few emails are hidden in the inbox but they can be found in the “All mail”.

If you don’t find any email from Northeastern, you should call or email undergrad admissions- admissions@northeastern.edu. one week seems a little too long!

Thank you. I will have her look at her spam folder and if not there send an email to the admissions.

1 Like

I would agree that anything but regular fall admissions to the Boston campus is considered non-binding for ED.

Did you mean that only early decision I & II fall admissions would be binding?

Yes… If you apply to either ED I or II, you must attend if you are offered regular Fall admissions. I would say that if you are offered other programs instead, like NUIN, that is not considered binding. I am not exactly sure about that connextions program – I think it depends on whether you are considered an NU enrolled student that Fall. For those that are NUIN, they officially do not matriculate into NU until January but their credits are accepted. Of course, Admission is your best resource.

2 Likes

Good luck to you guys! I’m currently attending as a freshman and I’m absolutely loving the experience. FYI, Fall 2020 ED I application decisions were released around December 8th, and fall 2021 ED I application decisions were released around December 9th so expect the decisions around that time.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing that Jupiter14, and also happy to hear you are having a great experience. Do you know if EA results are released along with ED?

Last year EA decisions were released on January 27th or 28th I forgot. ED is released near mid of December. EA results are released near February 1st. Yes it sucks not sure why they take so long for EA

Here is a thread with the actual release dates for the past few years:
Archives of Old Admissions Threads - Colleges and Universities A-Z / Northeastern University - College Confidential Forums

5 Likes

Thanks Jupiter14 and TomSrOfBoston.
Yes, the additional month of waiting is going to drive my D22 crazy :frowning:

1 Like

Does Northeastern allow you to switch to ED2 after hearing EA decisions? That is a tight timeline between EA and ED2.

Your student applied RD at Northeastern and EA at other schools and if not admitted you want to change Northeastern to ED2?

Applied EA to Northeastern but would like to know options for changing to ED2.

I’m guessing they would allow it- it’s to their benefit, right?

If deferred EA you cannot then switch to ED2. But you may be able to switch before EA decisions come out.

3 Likes

Because they have an extraordinary number of applicants!

so in my portal, everything - common app, recommendations, transcript, etc says it was submitted 11/03/21. I know for a fact it was all submitted on 10/30/21. I’m applying Early Action - does this mean I won’t be considered? Or that just the day they finally processed everything?