Northeastern Early Decision and Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Yes, and I work at the community college where she took them. Here is their policy: Transferring Credit | Undergraduate Admissions (northeastern.edu).

2 Likes

Glad to hear it. I knew they transferred courses taken by dual enrollment but did not think theyā€™d take them after you had graduated HS (bc then you are matriculating in that CC.)

The term matriculated is typically associated with being enrolled in a degree program. Most dual enrollment or non-degree students arenā€™t considered matriculated.

Did anyone get any new emails from neu like fill up fafsa etc

1 Like

Not here. We did receive a ā€œlegacyā€ email as my DD22 has a sibling at Northeastern.

They actually can, I donā€™t know what Tom is talking about. Last year they offered NU Accelerate for students who were accepted ED and will likely continue that.

1 Like

NU Accelerate is a pre-college program, so technically Tom is correct.

My daughter did not get a legacy email and I went there. When did she receive it? Thanks.

It was last week and really just a stock message with a link to a pre-recorded video. Iā€™m on the Northeastern parent facebook group and other current student siblings received it as well so maybe itā€™s a current student thing. There was general consensus that it really didnā€™t mean too much. Fwiw, my daughter applied EA.

Thank you for getting back to me. My daughter applied ED.

Does NEU consider legacy of sibling?

Has anyone received an email from college board talking about missing financial aid materials? Also any chance decision will come out this week? I am going insane

3 Likes

The earliest decisions have come out before is around the 10th, weā€™ve still got some time.

1 Like

It looks like they came out Dec. 6 in 2018, Dec. 11 in 2019, and December 9 in 2020. Not that Iā€™m paying attention. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Exactly my thoughts. In fact, they risk the presumption from admissions that it is a very low score rather than the 1460 that is still very high!

1 Like

The question was asking if students can take Northeastern courses virtually over the summer before entering in the fall. Since this is the Early Decision thread, the answer is yes.

Google ā€œNU Accelerate Course Selection Recommendation Guide FINALā€ to see the list of 2021 classes.

Ask it, yes. Really consider it in admissions, not sure but I assuming lightly at best. The email I received referred to being a legacy, but I donā€™t really think thereā€™s any significantly bump for your average excellent student imho.

yes we got an email stating the same!

i did !! we had to submit more info. Also i saw on another website that decisions were coming out Dec 9th

2 Likes