Northeastern Early Decision and Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Last year, the ED acceptance rate for ED1 was 53%. For ED2, it was 46%. It is likely that those numbers are close to the same for this year, but likely slightly lower because last year’s class was significantly overenrolled.

1 Like

did that change? always thought it was for the first semester

from NU website…it’s only one semester
How does The N.U.in Program Work?

The N.U.in Program is a one-semester global experience for first-year students. Guided by the Global Experience Office, N.U.in students will be supported through processes such as gathering documents, course registration, and housing selection for the spring term.

They are two different programs.

oh - sorry I didn’t realize.

The ED1 applications are up this year with everyone shooting their shot after seeing last year’s numbers. I read that BC went from forty something to twenty seven percent in ED and I assume Northeastern is no different. Not gonna lie I was kinda sad, but then again right after pulling the ED trigger the news came out about Northeastern adding 1,000 beds in rooms that frankly don’t look like they can handle another bed, and NUin being oversubscribed with kids having to remain in hotels because there isn’t room for them.

NUin used to be the back door to admit those whose stats don’t align, but looking at y’alls stats that no longer seems to apply. Now it looks like NUBound is their way to not accept students while keeping them on the hook (for a whole year instead of 1 semester - I can only imagine what’s next!) NUBound students are guaranteed transfer if they maintain a 3.0, but no dorm housing either in London or back in Boston for Sophmore year, and no government loan or grant access for the first semester. And that’s just what I’ve found out in the past couple hours. That’s what I meant about wanting more traditional college experience.

Really looking forward to seeing what the acceptance rate is this time around. I don’t mean to sound like sour grapes, but I don’t see a Husky in our future.

4 Likes

This is super helpful–where did you find these rates? I haven’t been able to find ED1 vs ED2 rates anywhere…

Did any of your letters indicate if you got in their Honors program ?

1 Like

Plenty of opportunity to participate in a global experience during future semesters and summers.
Much better off going directly into Northeastern and planning on a semester or coop abroad later.

2 Likes

He’ll have plenty of opportunities for study abroad, summer travel classes and global coops if he chooses. Congrats!

1 Like

Did he get into honors program?

NU Bound and Nuin are different alternative acceptance programs. Nuin is one semester, NuBound is listed as an full year abroad as shown in the link I posted.

1 Like

I’m so sorry that you didn’t get the decision you were hoping for…this whole process is the pits (as I told my DC, the admissions process now is basically 20 percent in your control and 80 percent luck…your hard work just earns you the right to purchase a lottery ticket to these school). However, the good news is that there are AMAZINGLY smart & talented students EVERYWHERE now.

8 Likes

NEU was overenrolled by like 800 students inc Nuin this past year and it will have ripple effects through this class’s tenure in classes and definitely in housing. It is not the NEU accepted more students but their yield was higher, meaning more students accepted their offer than their normal formulas calculated. This happened at a few key schools across the country. I am sure Nuin acceptances were higher bc they offered the NUin Boston program again bc of Covid. It normally is a semester abroad which is not what many kids want and I imagine for fall 2022, they will not offer a NUin Boston option (and will likely limit their Nuin acceptances in general.)

2 Likes

Adding my daughter’s stats to for next year’s applicants.

Admitted,

Submitted ACT: 33
GPA: 4.7 W/4.0 UW
ECs: soccer, community service (nothing extraordinary)

Dean’s Scholarship

6 Likes
2 Likes

thanks. i didn’t realize.

Interesting. Not sure if applying to the Explore Program (undecided) limited options, but it was one of the major draws along with an extra year/coops.

How did she make out AKCRNA?

This year (2021-2022) NU Bound students are studying at New College of the Humanities in London which is owned by Northeastern. I read on their website that for Fall of 2022 some students would have the option of doing NU Bound at Mills College in Oakland, CA which will be owned by Northeastern as of July, 2022. From the wording on the website now it appears there may be other locations for this fall.

I do not believe that NU In Boston will be an option this fall. It was possible the last couple years as hotels in Boston were either closed or half empty and Northeastern was able to lease rooms very cheaply, with minimal hotel services. That will not be the case in the future. If NU In Boston is offered, it will likely be much smaller than the past couple of years.

2 Likes