Northeastern Early Decision and Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Me too! Do you know anything about the program?

Probably in all majors there are some tough classes and professors, but the professors have office hours and some students get tutors. There is a class called “Fundies” people say is hard. I think it’s Computer Science.

She will just need to use the TA’s and see the professors during office hours to keep on track.

I have a second year chemical engineering student at NU. If your daughter is a strong math/science kid and has taken several AP math/science courses (especially calc and physics) she will most likely do well at NU. My son was also worried about keeping his scholarship but has done very well so far. Being well prepared going in is a essential.

1 Like

Sorry, I didnt make the connection - big congratulations to your daughter! That was worth the wait!

There are places online that students rate the teachers and tell you the number of hours a class takes. She’ll be awesome!

1 Like

Thank you.

Thank you. It was worth the wait.

1 Like

Fundies is a two semester sequence required for CS majors. Some engineering majors take it as an elective. It is time consuming.

Congrats!! I came back on just to check on your status!

Happy to hear of your daughter’s acceptance. Congratulations!
Stressful wait, but worth it in the end!

1 Like

Hi, @Winky1 , is your D eligible for the subsidized loan? If yes, then you may get an adjustment on the grant that you received from NEU.

Sorry to confuse, she is EA. She may qualify for part of her Stafford Loan to be subsidized

I don’t think it has anything to do with ED or EA. Here is the email communication I got from NEU before: Hi Customer,

That is correct. NUin students cannot use federal aid including federal loans during the NUin term.
Northeastern may provide an offset grant for the value of a direct subsidized loan for the fall term, if the student is eligible for federal subsidized loan for the spring term. However, if the family needs additional funds, they will need to apply for a private loan that allows use for non matriculated students for the fall term.

Thanks for re posting that. I thought you were thinking my D was accepted to Nuin yesterday. And so I said she is EA

1 Like

Thanks. So glad I save money on other applications now

4 Likes

Thank you

enjoy! it’s a great feeling.

Congrats! Is the connections scholarship enough to fit your budget for Northeastern?

Yes it is such a bonus to have

3 Likes

if you chose nu in as your first choice in the common app, and then ED’d and got in, would it still release the binding factor of it even though it was your first choice?