Northeastern Early Decision and Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Someone posted this on an admitted student group chat and I don’t know the source of this so take it with a grain of salt but sounds legitimate.

12 Likes

Great, thank you

Interesting. Thanks for posting. Such an incredible increase in apps. EA and regular decision will be very competitive bc they’ll have to be so conservative this year given their high yield/overenrollment from this current year. I bet NUIn will be much smaller as well too.

NUbound is I’m it’s first class this year I think, so it’s hard to tell where that program is going.

Wow. Thanks for posting. The increase in applications is astounding!

1 Like

1st year NUBound will count as 1 of 4y college? Thanks.

It’s a miracle if a student gets in

1 Like

Yes, first year is abroad but they mention other locations. Guaranteed NOT to be Boston, but likely an option will include Mills College which NU just acquired It’s some new program. I think the only option this year is London, but they might offer options where NUin is too?

1 Like

Need some advices, my son applied EA for NU, but his SAT is not high, only 1400, ACT 33. When I saw NU has requirement of SAT 1390 and ACT 33. It looks he just passed the baseline. Do you think he still has a chance to get in? Thanks!

Does northeastern require our first term senior grades for early action?

Those are not minimum cutoffs. Where did you see that?

It will be interesting to see the application numbers for Boston University and Boston College.

1 Like

So far, 1 kid at D22s school was outright denied ED, and she’s a bright student. Another got either NU in or NU Bound (my D can’t remember which), and she’s complaining about it. After reading that article posted, if anyone gets into any NU program, they should be super pleased and take stock in whatever the option is. I’m bracing for a denial because of the odds!

1 Like

Essays, Extra-curriculars also makes a difference.

Keep your hopes high!

Scoir shows the average SAT at 1465 and average ACT at 33, meaning some are higher and some are lower. I don’t read these as minimum cutoffs.

I don’t think so. I was trying to tidier this out yesterday, but as far as I can tell there’s nowhere to upload them on the portal. I’m going to speak to my counselor and see if she can send them.

*figure

WOW!!! I’m really glad daughter decided to do ED1 now, after seeing this!!

1 Like

NU doesn’t have any specific “requirement” for SAT or ACT scores, that’s why they are test optional this year. I wouldn’t submit a score that is below the 50th percentile. If it won’t help your application, it’s not worth submitting. That being said, your son’s ACT score is pretty good, and definitely worth submitting. But SAT/ACT are really not a big factor in this year’s application. More important categories are extracurricular’s, essays, LOCI, building a connection with your admission’s officer, and grades.

1 Like

okay thank you. so if i dont submit them can they still accept me?