Northeastern Early Decision and Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

DD22 was accepted into the Honors College with Honors Scholarship for engineering.
OOS (ME)
SAT 1570
wGPA 101/100
8 APs (all 5’s except 4 on Lang)
Multiple ECs
Varsity Hockey, captain x2

NEU is her first choice at this point, so was reassuring to get this acceptance.

10 Likes

S22 deferred in CT. 4.4 GPA, 34 ACT, 1540 SAT. 8AP’s, rest honors. strong EC’s, science research, community involvement, strong evidence of music passion. Historically, if just using Naviance from the HS, everyone with his stats was accepted in the past. These are different times for sure!

Deferred
Female from CT
1490 (submitted)
4.0 UW, 10APs rest honors
3 sports all 4 years/varsity captain/clubs/work 15hrs per week

We are not certain NEU is top of our list, but watching this thread has made my day for entertainment. Now I’m even more excited to learn my kiddo’s news…from OR…refresh, refresh, refresh…good luck all!!

5 Likes

anyone know how likely it is to get in after getting deferred at NEU? - assuming not easy

what major?

Are you in the “App Status”…I’m assuming that’s where DS should look? I only see documents and not these tabs that others have described.

business

does the major affect?

CT son, deferred. 1560 SAT superscore, 4.4WGPA, will have 6 APs (2 5s and 1 4), not much in E/Cs though. CS major so I assume that is even more competitive.

2 Likes

when decision is out it goes straight to decision when you log in. dont need to “check” anywhere!

2 Likes

Naviance has steered me wrong before…It’s only as good as the data, which needs to be updated by the students.

3 Likes

lol deferred for cs rip

Wait does NEU stack scholarships? Like if I have the honors scholarship can I also add the National Merit Scholarship to that too?

This gives me hope. Identical stats.

good luck!

If you get the National Merit scholarship and Northeastern is your first choice the NM will replace the Honors scholarship.

Do we get an email when our decision is up on the portal? Saying there’s been an update or something

6 Likes

Oh let me give more info.

Deferred!

I’m from IN, but I go to school in CT. 3.85 UW GPA at a top private boarding high school with a strong upward trend (4.1 GPA junior year). 1470 SAT (760 RW 710 M).

My ECs are co-captain of FRC team, internship in IT/web development over the summer, MIT MOSTEC 2021, president of community service club with 300+ members, founder and president of computer hardware club, vice president of affinity coding club, research in VR with professor at local university, vice captain of debate team, dormitory prefect, elected representative on school judicial board, playwright for and executive board member of school theater festival, varsity track team member, and actor in numerous school plays.

My awards were 2 school awards, CMU SAMS 2020 Scholar, Questbridge College Prep Scholar, 29th/20k+, 19th/900+, 70th/1k+, and 90th/4k+ at CS competitions, and various debate awards (1st place overall speaker at 1 tournament, numerous 2nd and 3rd placings).

My LORs should be very, very good and my Common App essay isn’t bad (IMO).

Kinda frustrated, but it’s okay! I think my stats might’ve been a little low?

2 Likes