Northeastern Early Decision and Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

My kiddo also applied ED so fingers crossed for both! Question: when you look at the portal under early decision agreement does it say required, or received? I signed it, but it still says required. Also, for financial aid is says will show here once received. We did the FAFSA & CSS on 10/2 and other schools have received them so it’s confusing.

Thanks!

Definitely good luck to your’s, too!

Where are you looking? I can check but not sure where I would find this.

(My brain has shut down after dealing with twins and the app process! Lol)

The NU portal you setup after applying.

Oh right. He doesn’t have it yet but should soon. Will check and let you know.

How long does it take to get the portal email ?

I applied this weekend and still have not gotten an email. Has this happened for anyone else?

1 Like

@tani27, @YashK - Check your spam folders - sometimes it goes there.

Has anyone had an older child that applied ED to a school and are the results usually out the 15th of December or possibly earlier? This will be a long 6 weeks.

2 Likes

My daughter sent in her application this weekend and she got an email saying it would be another 3-5 days to get the code.

1 Like

In the past ED decisions have come out about a week before the published date. They all come out on the same day.

6 Likes

Thank You

1 Like

We got our early review response yesterday.

2 Likes

Did you get a response? Good Question!!! I am looking on the thread and I can’t find one.

@Mom270 Do you wait to receive the acceptances/rejection letters of the other colleges? How do you withdraw the application?

@AKCRNA what code are you waiting for ?

If you are applying Early Decision, it is a binding commitment if you are accepted and it means you agree to withdraw your other applications. You need to make sure you have figured out whether you can afford to attend if accepted. Once accepted you would withdraw your other applications. I think you can withdraw your other applications using the Common App or Scoir, but check with your guidance counselor to be safe.

If you have any doubts about the ED commitment you can apply EA, which is non-binding.

2 Likes

@AKCRNA - Perhaps by code, you mean the PIN you need to be able to create the account for the undergrad status page?
We got this in 3 days!

I have not gotten a chance to ask my daughter today if hers came in yet. I will ask her tonight. Thanks for letting me know

1 Like

My D applied ED, she just set up her portal and it said the different possible decisions she could receive. I know NUIn is not a binding decision, but what about NUBound and Global Connextions?

1 Like

Both NUin and NUBound are nonbinding as per NEU website. I am not sure about Global Connexions. Although, my guess is that it is also nonbinding.

You should ask your DD to email undergrad admissions- admissions@northeastern.edu

1 Like