Northeastern Early Decision and Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Congrats! I wonder if NEU stamps scholars were also named?

1 Like

Many Stamps partner schools are wrapping up their processes. Not sure how NEU does it, but I would think the selection process is well underway.

Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations and good luck!

1 Like

Apparently the Acceptance rate stats for NE don’t include the NUim students which means NE is accepting a lot more students than the published acceptance rate suggests.

1 Like

That has always been the case.

2 Likes

Northeastern used to be a safety commuter school. Not at all anymore!

1 Like

Hi Winky1, congratulations to your DD for the Stamps/Honors and wishing her a fantastic time and experience at Pitt.

Wish my DD was ready to pull the trigger, but she is still holding out for W&M and Hokkaido (made the finalist interview round).

1 Like

Best of luck! Prepare well, and tell her to enjoy interview day! D22 interested in Pitt Band as well as awesome Stamps requirements for her. We are super excited! Glad Northeastern makes it super easy to withdraw app. Not all schools do

1 Like

Your D received stamps at NEU but is waiting to hear about stamps at other schools?

Can you and @baerli share your kids profiles? I am curious what the criteria are for stamps scholars? Maybe it’s diff at each school.

Randon question but I was wondering if any of the admitted students have gotten into the Ujima Global Leaders Programme yet?

Sure.

From the Pitt website:
As a University of Pittsburgh Stamps Scholar, recipients will be provided with a comprehensive understanding of leadership from a domestic and global perspective.

And:
Eligibility Requirements

• Pennsylvania residency
  • U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
  • Full-time enrollment at the Pittsburgh campus
  • Demonstrated leadership, scholarship, service, perseverance and innovation

This information is also found when you look on the Stamps Foundation website and read more about what they do and where. There are 37 partner schools, and I believe Northeastern is the newest one. They are listed on the Stamps Foundation website.

Each partner school, from what I understand, has the ability to tailor the requirements and the reward. At Pitt, for example, it’s a full cost of attendance scholarship plus study abroad and an enrichment fund for internships or leadership activities/seminars, etc. It’s magnitude is truly amazing. At Pitt, it’s only open to PA residents. D22 was told that 800 applied, 90 were offered the first Zoom interview, 34 were invited to campus for in-person Interview Day and she thinks 7 were named Stamps Finalists that then went on to be interviewed by the Stamps Foundation. There is a thread on CC about Stamps Scholarships that have several different schools chiming in. Hope this helps to understand a bit about the process.

D22 has a 4.9 w, and 3.9 uw gpa. She has a 32 act. She’s a top student at her public high school, and has service and leadership. I think during the process, students need to be able to communicate their goals, aspirations, achievements, etc. And this all has to mesh with what the scholarship is about and what it provides (domestic and global leadership opportunites in this case), as with any major scholarship. Each scholarship out there (not necessarily Stamps), can have a different focus and what they are looking for in candidates.

Am curious if anyone on this thread is in the running for or has been awarded the NEU Stamps Scholarship!

4 Likes

Congrats to your D!

1 Like

Thanks for this and again congrats to your D. NEU started their own program that ran from Fall 2012 through Fall 2016 called University Scholars but it was only full tuition, but tons of other perks like global coop or travel scholarships, extra programming, research funding etc. My older D was fortunate to have been chosen for their initial cohort in 2012 and loved the program. They offered it to around 100 students a year I believe. You did not apply for it. I am not sure why they ended it exactly, but they say they have just expanded the honors program more, but that has not really been all that evident. I think they use the scholarship funding to provide more Deans scholarships perhaps as they attract so many more high stat students. Perhaps running through Stamps has other benefits for the campus and only having a handful of Stamps Scholars is easier on the budget as well, even if they do offer full COA.
So, to be clear though, does the school invite students to apply? Or can any student apply? It seems that at Tulane there is just an option to apply but maybe I have misunderstood that.

I too wonder if we have any NEU Stamps lurkers out there?

I can speak of Pitt, and anyone who is a PA resident can apply. No invitation. The application is on Pitt’s website. I believe each Stamps partner school can establish their own parameters, but I’m unclear if that could include some of the Stamps schools being in charge of inviting specific applicants to apply.

My D was accepted in NU.in for Computer Engineering. Today she got a message from NU

Congratulations on your admission to Northeastern University with a major of Computer Engineering and Computer Science in the College of Engineering and the Khoury College of Computer Sciences.

Does this mean they converted her to NU.in to NU ?

i would call admissions to confirm/clarify. Will your D not be 18 by next September? That was an issue for an earlier poster who was offered NU In and got a similar message.

I’m not sure that it would mean she’s not in NU.in anymore. Has she previously not received info about a major?

Anyone know if there were any rejections in the early round? I have only heard about deferrals/acceptances and not even one rejection. I know there is bound to be less because its hard to share a rejection, but not even one?

1 Like