Northeastern Nursing Transfer Chances

Hey guys!

I sent in my application to Northeastern to try and transfer into their nursing program. I’m getting anxious so I wanted to post here for some input on what you guys think my admissions decision will be.

I’m in a nursing program at UMass Dartmouth but the classes aren’t challenging and they don’t have major hospital connections for clinicals. I have a 4.0 thus far (should maintain it this semester as well) and am involved in club activities, community service and sports here. In high school, I had a 3.5 GPA including half honors course and AP Bio (got a 4). I applied early action and was deferred to regular decision then denied.

The main reason I want to transfer there is because of their co-op program and Boston clinical connections - which is what I wrote in the essay along with more community service and opportunities, etc.

I know nursing transfers are extremely hard - and the fact that it’s Northeastern makes it even harder - so I am realistic, but also hopeful.

Thanks in advance!

In general, the more selective direct entry nursing programs have less room for transfers. That is because they have fewer students drop out of the program, and therefore do not have empty seats to fill.

I got into Northeastern nursing as a transfer and my stats were slightly less impressive-3.9. I think you should be good, but just a heads up that it set my graduation date back a year because the classes i took as a nursing major at UMass didn’t line up with the way they take classes at Northeastern-the only benefit was I got to take more elecitives. It’s a great program, though, and I love the school.

Any update? did you get in