Northeastern University 2020 EA

I am from WI and have not been able to access my account. It loads for a while and then says “Applicant Not Found”. I have not gotten an email.

I don’t know how my son was deferred. 1500 SAT and a 4.2 GPA. Crazy

Texas here - still nothing. The site is still saying ‘applicant not found’.

Not yet. Getting the “applicant not found” at the moment.

Website still won’t load here in MA

What’s the website? I can’t even load the applicant status check page

For all of you that have “applicant not found”- no need to worry! I got accepted and tried relogging in to view financial aid stuff and my login says that exact thing. it is NOT an indicator of your decision!

I’m in a login loop on my computer and my phone. I click login, then it goes for a while, the page turns white, then goes back to the login.

Website still not loading in CA!

Same here in NJ…have logged into that portal so many times, password saved to computer, so it is correct. Very annoying.

mine isnt loading either… (from NJ) do you guys think it’ll load by the end of the night?

Are people really getting 56K Dean’s Merit scholarships? If so, that is a first. Usually the highest merit is 30K Honors or National Merit Scholar.

See first post: “Deferrals are very common for Northeastern and are not soft rejections. It has also been speculated that they may use this to test the interest of overqualified applicants who may withdraw their application for other schools. Temper expectations but do not assume it is a rejection during RD.”

has anyone gotten emails? i’m from texas, page isn’t loading, and I’m wondering when i could head by email

From the first post in this thread by @PengsPhils : Yes, the decisions are released in waves.

Release Times

Waves are released hourly on the hour, loosely by geography. Here are some estimated time ranges:

New England: 4-6PM EST
NY: 5-6PM EST
PA, NJ, MD, VA: 6-8PM EST
Southern States: 7-9PM EST
Midwest: 6-9PM EST
West Coast: 8-10PM EST
International: Varies

(This is likely affected by the server issues they’re having. We will all know our decisions soon. Relax.)

“Deferrals are very common for Northeastern and are not soft rejections. It has also been speculated that they may use this to test the interest of overqualified applicants who may withdraw their application for other schools. Temper expectations but do not assume it is a rejection during RD.”

(If you go back and read both the EA and RD threads from last year, MANY of those who were deferred in EA ended up getting accepted in RD, and with merit too. Looks like NU wants to be sure you really, really want them as a first choice. A deferral is NOT a rejection. If you get deferred, send your admissions counselor a Letter of Continued Interest - LOCI. They don’t want to be anyone’s safety.)

Ugh. I’m in New England and still stuck in the infinite Loop of Nothing.

I’ve heard a lot of people with super high stats get deferred because Northeastern is trying to weed out people who are overqualified and don’t really want to go there. Those people usually will withdraw between Early Action decisions and Regular Decision.

Can’t believe I still can’t see the decision. It has been hours past what it was supposed to be.

The $56k is total - not per year.

@suzyQ7 My guess is that NEU changed the way they talked about the scholarships. They used to say, you received say $24k for the first year and $12K for each semester after that. I bet, they’re now reporting that as $96k. That’s how a lot of schools do it – they aggregate the scholarship value to make the number look a bit bigger.