Northeastern University 2020 EA

They already send email apologizing for the inconvenience. Email about travel allowance for honors day was send by mistake to non-honors

Oof, for colleges trying to convince admitted students to enroll, thatā€™s not a good look.

Lmao Iā€™m in honors but they said the email was a mistake. rip i was going to go

Same happened to me ā€¦ not cool. Iā€™m also having trouble getting into my portal as well as problems with new email system. Starting to question whether this is the school for me (offered a nice scholarship but also got into Vanderbilt so NEUā€™s missteps are making this an easier decision).

While tempting, I would generally not recommend judging any school on its admissions departments. Good schools make mistakes every year.

Question for those who are now National Merit Finalistsā€¦I know that if finalists designate Northeastern as their first choice school by 4/2, that their scholarship could change, and that there was a ā€œfirst roundā€ of these finalists who designated by 3/1. We did not do this by the 3/1 date, and Iā€™m trying to find out what that scholarship actually might be. We have contacted her admissions person and financial aid person and both give a general response without a dollar amount. If anyone made the 3/1 date, would you mind sharing what the finalist scholarship is?

Hi. From your January post, it looks like 1,940 kids have already received NU.In acceptances. I read one of your recent posts sharing an opinion that NU.In might convert these acceptances to January enrollment in Boston (assuming that intā€™l locations are not ready to open this Fall). Can I ask where you came up with this idea? Your knowledge about Northeastern is impressive and I was wondering if you have a source at the school. My D20 has been struggling whether or not to send in her NU.In deposit to secure a spot at the school, but at this point, Iā€™m waiting to see any announcements from the NU.In admissions team. Thoughts?

@TomSrOfBoston From your January post, it looks like 1,940 kids have already received NU.In acceptances. I read one of your recent posts sharing an opinion that NU.In might convert these acceptances to January enrollment in Boston (assuming that intā€™l locations are not ready to open this Fall). Can I ask where you came up with this idea? Your knowledge about Northeastern is impressive and I was wondering if you have a source at the school. My D20 has been struggling whether or not to send in her NU.In deposit to secure a spot at the school, but at this point, Iā€™m waiting to see any announcements from the NU.In admissions team. Thoughts?

@KcParent I have no inside information. What I posted was based on the current worldwide situation with the virus and the nature of NU In. It is impossible to predict what the world will be like in September. Unfortunately universities and families are making decisions now. I am pretty sure that Northeastern, and all colleges, will be flexible.

I would imagine that if they were going to convert NUin to January enrollment, it would have to be announced before the May 1st decision day. An announcement like that over the summer wouldnā€™t be fair to those that do not want to start in January with no fall semester under their belt (be it abroad or Boston). At that point, students wouldā€™ve likely turned down other acceptances from other colleges.

@greatcollegefit Definitely. I believe that is the reason RD decisions have been delayed. Again, no inside information.

My son got an email today saying RD decisions are delayed, but they hope to get them out next week.

@TomSrOfBoston oh, was there an announcement about a delay? I think RD is April 1st, but have you heard it might be later?

@greatcollegefit The absolute last date is always 4/1 but based on past years decisions should have been released this past week. The email that many have received in the RD thread says the decision will come out this coming week.

Iā€™m locking this thread in favor of the RD one. Please direct all further discussion there!

We didnā€™t get that email!