Northeastern University 2021 EA

Do they consider midyear transcript for ED2? Is it too late for my school to submit it Feb 1st?

Yes, it was you. Thank you! I was panicking because my guidance counselor had reached out about sending my grades. I guess she didnā€™t see that on the website.

@Mb3011 How do they look at senior course load? Is that based on the Common App section where you report your grades?

Iā€™m not entirely sure, it may have been sent over with transcripts as well?? But I really donā€™t know, they didnā€™t specify where they were pulling the information from.

Okay thank you. Iā€™m worried because I think that I moved from college prep to honors in a class after I had already submitted my application. Oh well, I can always mention it if Iā€™m deferred.

Iā€™m sure you will be fine! I believe in you :slight_smile: And if you get deferred, they want you to send in you first semester grades anyway so they will see it.

1 Like

Aw thanks! Two of my first quarter grades are a bit lower because I had emergency surgery right at the end of the quarter, and Iā€™m getting Medicals for Q2 because of the recovery time, so I hope that I donā€™t get deferred because my app isnā€™t going to be stronger than it was. We should find out soon though!

My sonā€™s strongest grades have been in Junior year and Senior first quarter(even better than Junior year). Does anyone know for sure that NEU will not be considering Senior year grades?

Only if deffered. Senior year grades didnā€™t come out until after applications were submitted and many decisions were made so it wouldnā€™t be fair to use them in some cases and not others.

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing where they are NOT required they are listed under optional documentation section of portal. However they do ask for them when available. Here is what the site states: ā€œ Secondary school transcripts with final junior year grades. First-semester or first-trimester grades should be submitted when they are available; first-quarter grades are not required. If you have been out of high school for more than one year, you must send the most up to date version of your transcript. Transcripts should be evaluated by a recognized credentialing agency (For transfer applicants who have earned credits at an international institution, please visit The Center for Educational Documentation).

• Early Action and Early Decision candidates should send their first-term grades as soon as they are availableā€.

Could the decisions come out today? The 25th is later than previous years

2 Likes

hopefully

correct. my 1st quarter grades were available dec 5th and my AO said they will look at them for EA if uploaded them as optional material (the were approved)

if they were to release them (doesnā€™t have to be today, like any day really) what time would that be at possibly ?

usually 4pm

4 Likes

so people are thinking wed-fri at 4pm est? canā€™t come fast enough! also does anyone know what percent of applicants get accepted/deferred/rejected?

They released ED at 7PM EST, i assume EA will be the same

Just want to say good luck to everyone this week, especially to my queens @realnickiminaj @realtaylorswift

8 Likes

I think somebody on this thread said they usually release decisions on Tuesdays and Thursdays? is that true and if so, what are the chances that decisions will come tomorrow?

Does anyone think decisions will be out tomorrow?Will we get an email notifying that there has been an update?

Itā€™s Tuesdayā€™s through Thursdays and are primarily Wednesday. I think it will be Wed at 7 since I believe the person who said that they wonā€™t do waves this year.