Northeastern University 2021 EA

for our early action applications, are they reviewing our first semester grades? my counselor sent mine but i’m not sure if they’ll even be seen for EA

I didn’t sned my first quarter grades was I supposed to?

i emailed and they said i should send them if i have them. that was in november

1 Like

no they arent

villanova just tweeted that they are releasing EA decisions at 4:30 PM EST on Firday

2 Likes

darn, that would’ve helped me. if i get deferred they’ll see my first semester grades though, right?

Hoping I at least go 1 for 4 on my Boston schools lol

Just got into UNC Chapel Hill, so I think I will withdraw my Northeastern application. Good Luck, everyone!

21 Likes

congratulations!!! so excited for you

Has anyone visited northeastern this year?

1 Like

It’s been 1000% spot on for my son. Like 100%

1 Like

I did in feb 2020

1 Like

Thinking about visiting next month, would that be too late for demonstrated interest for RD?

I would say it is a little late but doesn’t hurt if it isn’t too out of the way for you

1 Like

definitely doesn’t hurt for you personally to get to know the school and see if it’s a good fit, even if it’s late for it to check a box for them! it won’t make or break your application!

1 Like

Do any of you know current students at NU? Is it possible to build friendships and connections despite co-ops and students moving in and out? Is there a sense of belonging?

That’s a big concern for my student - missing out on a traditional college experience. I see it as the college of the future offering more real world opportunities. But it’s not about me. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thoughts?

Okay, I genuinely want to see it, but I have to wait until my feb break

All of the friends that I have at Northeastern are very happy there, though I wouldn’t be able get into specifics for you

1 Like

Should I let my admissions counselor know that I’m visiting next month? Or should I just visit

yes!! i have quite a few friends at NU and they love it. they’ve maintained friendships with students who have gone abroad and come back, and being in a city, they’ve also met lots of people outside the university. and on top of that, through co-ops, they’ve made friends internationally. i think that it can only be an asset to meeting people

1 Like