Northeastern University 2021 ED1

Mine is still 11/20 on both top and bottom

It changed for me a few days ago

i feel like it will be lower because they want to secure full payers

1 Like

yeah me too. my bottom said 11/10 before but now it says 11/20 just like the top

hmmm, wonder what that means…

are you sure it just updated today? Mine has said 11/20 for about a week and a half now

yeah ive been obsessively checking. the top part changed a while ago but the bottom just changed today

nevermind. I see what you mean. Both of mine say 11/20 now. Maybe they just updated the portal.

my son’s too. both now say 11/20.

wait mine has not changed? does it mean im denied?? :pleading_face:

I dont think so. What date does yours say?

still october 30. I also applied for NU in so i dont know maybe there is hope its not a rejection but it is nu in which is without the ed?

Sorry, I meant to post of different thread, not this one, it was a mistake

last year Overall Admission Rate
18% of 62,263 applicants were admitted
Students Enrolled
2,995 (27%) of 11,240 admitted students enrolled
Early Decision Admission Rate
37% of 1,478 applicants were admitted

If this year ED admission would fill 50% of class 2025. it will be around 1500 seats, interesting last year ED applicants tally is only 1478 , would be almost 100% ED admission rate. Perhaps this year they get over 3000 ED applicants, then they will have 40% ED acceptance rate.

1 Like

Yeah. I saw that on their website. But still, there’s no telling how many ED applicants there is this year. There are just too many factors. The ED 1 pool has probably increased in size though fosho. Anyway, I am overthinking this wayyyyy too much so imma just sit back and wait for the decision in peace :joy:

2 Likes

your math is a bit wrong. They had around 1900 ED1 applications and 1000 ED2 applications according to last year’s thread. They admitted 32% of these applicants which is 928 (1/3 of class) and admitted another 500 or so to NUin, creating an overall admit rate of about 50%, and accounting for athletes the real percentage is somewhere between 40-45%. I’m sure they’ll also see an increase in applications this year so the rate is probably going to stay consistent from last year.

1 Like

I think @lemonlulu is using the data from the common data set from 2019-2020. It’s not clear if that is just ED1 or both ED1 and ED2, but NEU only reported 1478 early decision applicants with a 37% admit rate. It’s hard to predict what will be this year when there are so many factors that were not in play in prior years. Good luck everyone.

Pretty sure the 1478 figure is from collegedata.com and that number is only ED1 applicants from the 18-19 cycle. Agreed that this year is going to be crazy, and I think anybodies prediction is invalid until we see the final results.

2 Likes

i have another change. under recieved documents theres another ed agreement with 12/08 anyone else?

1 Like

Mine now says 12/08 as well…

1 Like